1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!
    Dismiss Notice

A second home for Non VIP

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Leaf_It, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Leaf_It

Leaf_It Whitelisted Player

As I'm sure many of us realize, we all have many different lands that we have claimed, and most of them are very far away from each other. It can take a long time to reach them, even by subway. This can be very irritating, especially when we keep all of our materials in one location, and must move them for larger projects. It will take an even longer time to move everything you need from one place to another. Especially now with PvE in Build2, many of us must cross great areas on foot, while fighting mobs, just to get to our respective storage areas. In the past we didn't even have /spawn to help us get to the subway system faster. However, there is a solution. A second home.

Yes VIP would give this to you, but most of us don't need anything more than quick transportation between our various projects. And so I propose something else. A 1 time fee of 5$. This will give you a /sethome2 function and nothing else. When it comes down to it, I'm sure all of us would enjoy having a second home, but we simply don't want to pay a monthly fee. I am willing to pay 5$ for this, but I am not going to pay for VIP.

Some of you will say "But what if I already have VIP, how does this help me?" Well, Purchasing this will gave you the sethome2, and your VIP status will give you it again. (Assuming Kane is okay with that)

If nothing else, its a source of income. It will help Kane can pay for everything.

2. TheAriaWithin

TheAriaWithin Whitelisted Player

I would definitely pay for this.

3. featherblade2

featherblade2 Whitelisted Player

Although it is a good idea. You do actually have two homes. If you sleep in a bed then it will set /home bed at that location.

[EDIT] Kane has openly admitted that he does not need more money to run GC. He easily gets enough as it is... Don't people ever read the forums... JK!

4. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member

One time fees kind of kill Godcraft. VIP is only thing that keeps it alive today. For people who spend 20+ hours a month on the server why would you donate less then $15 when you don't mind spending that much on a Movie for only 2 hours of enjoyment. =(

5. Leaf_It

Leaf_It Whitelisted Player

featherblade2: I have tried sleeping in a bed, it won't let me enter it, even on Build2. However if this were to be enabled, it would be an easy way to set up the second home.

Kane: It's kind of funny you suggest 15$, because when I asked people on the server if this was a good idea, they were saying that 5$ was too steep, even as a one time fee. I mean it is only a small thing, and 5$ though small, can buy you a decent steam game.

Though I can see how one time fees could potentially kill Godcraft, I think that you should still go for smaller things like this. VIP offers many more perks and advantages this does, and even with this, people are still going to buy VIP. I agree that you shouldn't make everything a one time fee, just so that you don't loose the server, but I don't see why adding small things like this should be a problem. VIP still has a greater advantage, and this will only add to that advantage. If people like having 2 homes, they will see that having a 3rd (only from VIP) will be an even greater benefit. This seems to almost advertise VIP from how I see it.

One of the main reasons I refuse to get VIP is because I'm currently saving for college and though it isn't a great some of money, 15$ less is just something I'd like to avoid, especially as a monthly fee. Also monthly fees are one of the bigger reasons I never played WoW, which I'm glad I chose not to do.

I know you are reluctant to add too much to the server, for fear of possibly breaking the way the server works, and loosing money, I hope you will reconsider this proposal. I ask that you please allow us to purchase this 1 time fee, so that we may further enjoy the server. Thank you.

6. GTA4rox08

GTA4rox08 Whitelisted Player

5 dollars would be too little imo. Its a small feature but it's something that everyone wants, and would pay more than 5 dollars for, or atleast I would.

7. ot0_m0t0

ot0_m0t0 Whitelisted Player

I would like to know how much does godcraft cost to run? Or if that is a secret or sumting, Kane yould you like post how much more money we need to get for the server to survive for 1 more month? It gives people kinda of a goal.... or a sense of how much "free fun" we are actually getting if not paying VIP.
    And talking about that, I would like to thank Kazimir & Rabuso, they gather money so I can get VIP3 now. Jeah... recession isn't so bad if you got friends.

8. Amyliz

Amyliz Whitelisted Player

I assume it varies from month to month, as Kane tends to add features or change hosts altogether when things are stupid with the former. Last I knew it was in the several hundreds of dollars/mo range, plus the time Kane puts in with developers and testing, whatever his time is worth.

burns1200 and bennerkaj like this.
  9. featherblade2

featherblade2 Whitelisted Player

Leaf_It: Anyone can enter a bed. It just might not let you sleep due to factors like: other people not sleeping in the same world as you. If it is still happening next time you try (make sure it is night time: sometimes it looks dark but you can't sleep yet) then please report it in the support forums.