1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!

Star Citizen Back this game or GTFO!

Discussion in 'Space Games!' started by Kane, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member

2. Billdew

Billdew Whitelisted Player

Wow. I watched a few videos for the game and read a few things. This game looks amazing. Some Sexy stuff can be made on cryengine 3. This sounds like a game i would love to play. It would be even more appealing to me if i had a community to play with. After looking into it i would definitely be willing to support these guys because it looks like they have something epic in the making. But i am very hesitant. I hesitate because last time a game was announced, Kane made a forum post and it looked like a lot of fun and a lot of godcraft members were going to play it. (Diablo 3) But Diablo 3 Was just a waste of my money. I feel the same way about the time we got into WoW. I will admit i had a lot of fun on WoW, But i definitely didn't get my moneys worth with that game. I would play the shit out of this game if i was sure i wouldn't being doing it alone. After all thats the only reason i joined godcraft. To be part of a community to play and interact with. Why play a multiplayer game if you aren't going to interact with anyone? That was just my opinion. Any know if they would for sure play this?

"We’re not interested in having yearly updates. Once live, we will have a team of people adding content on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. So we’ll always be adding data, stories and campaigns as well as reacting to the needs and actions of the players."

My God just take my money!

3. Kane

WoW, Was not a waste of money at the sale price. Was $20-60 at most and people spent a good 50-100 hours on it more then most games today retailing $60 for 10-15 hours of content.

Diablo 3 racked in a good 100 hours also. And I still will be playing a bit more in the future. I guess it depends what you consider worth the price. I mean if you mean vs like Minecraft then yeah of course you will never find a game like it unless you were a big gmod fan or a second life fan.

Problem is there is literally no sandbox games and the closes thing besides say Minecraft these days are MMORPG's and even that is not really doing a good job at it.

I mean also don't forget I would have still Played WoW if people actually played. Instead they were just wanting to play with other people and split up and kill it really fast. They stopped logging on and playing and well that's how that ended. At the time when its just me and no one else clearly I was left alone to die in a game that I had fun till everyone left.

Also just a warning this game might have a beta in a year or so but will not be out for at least 2+ years.

Billdew likes this.
  4. Billdew

I got 300X more than my moneys worth with minecraft. Me personally, I enjoy open world games like this. I played less than 10 hours of diablo. I did not enjoy the game. With WoW i had a lot of fun. The only issue was people trying to split up. That was not what i wanted, i even followed you to another server because i hate playing alone. I am just amazed by the detail of this game. Micro Updates! I heard you talk about stuff like this every other day when we played WoW. You didn't like the 2 year period between content releases. Bi-Weekly Updates would be awesome! Keeps the game fresh and makes it harder to give up. I don't Know about you guys but i will be donating $35 to get both Alpha/Beta Access when available. If a game is this detailed and contains all these aspects that i have been looking for in a game,then i am willing to wait long periods of time for it.

Kane likes this.
  5. bigbubbak9

bigbubbak9 Whitelisted Player

Sounds like Eve

Billdew likes this.
  6. Billdew

That is what i was thinking. I tried eve because i liked the concept of it. The actual gameplay turned me off. But it looks like Eve first person and sexy graphics.

7. ot0_m0t0

ot0_m0t0 Whitelisted Player

Jeah... I forgot to mention, Team Croatia all piled on and invested into this game. Except Kazimir... get your wallet out Kazo... :) This is the project all EVE players were waiting for years.
    Damn...wish Id hit a lotto and get a Constelation for 250$.:p

8. Kane

This here :) Long time Eve Player long time wanting a new space sandbox!

9. Adonesss

Adonesss Whitelisted Player

you guys all forgot or never played his first games, freelancer,wing commander, games that are awesome, also I got a golden ticket :) (if you dont know what it is you saw this pretty late)

10. Kane

Billdew likes this.
  11. Billdew

I'm in :)

[​IMG]

Adonesss and Kane like this.
  12. Adonesss

Adonesss Whitelisted Player

"How will modding work?
    Players will be given full control of their game! When operating private servers, players will be able and encouraged to mod the game. It doesn’t stop there, though: we hope to institute a ‘mod approval’ process that will allow the best of the best player created ships and other additions to be integrated into the central persistent world as well.
    basicly, this allows for endless possibilities (and knowing the head dev he will release mod API and everything with it)

13. Kane

14. ot0_m0t0

Im going to get a 300i ship :p The BMW of space!
    BTW this game has been funded and will be going into production. You can still invest for a limited amount of time and secure a designer ship that cant be destroyed or lost.

15. Kane

Question is digital or Physical? I like Physical but also worry I might have delays.

16. Billdew

Since i was paying $30 i had to go phisical because the $30 digital was sold out.

17. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Head Moderator Staff Member

Digital sold out. LOL

Billdew likes this.
  18. Billdew

19. ot0_m0t0

Dudes go to the main website and pay there directly. Screw Kickstarter. I think I got digital.... its the same stuff but I dont have to pay shipping extra :)
    Dont forget to pay extra 5$ For a "Kickstarter module" that has skin switching.

20. Billdew