1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!

[Build 1] Subway Status

Discussion in 'Subway / Train Grid/System/Layout Projects!!!' started by flqw, Jul 3, 2011.

1. flqw

flqw Whitelisted Player

Hello,

this should be a thread to have everything concerning the main subway at one place (stations, tunnels etc.)

Map

Moved the status map to the wiki.

-flqw

confuzzledyma likes this.
  2. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Head Moderator Staff Member

Here's a rough outline of the tunnels that still need to be dug. The track like symbols indicate that there is already some tunnel dug and track laid.

We will start with the tunnel going from 4S to 4S8W. You can use "/warp subway" to warp there. Please bring your own tools. Anything you mine out, you can keep. Please DON'T turn lava into obsidian by pouring water onto it (it is way harder to mine it out then it is to place a block of dirt/cobble in the lava, and remove the dirt/cobble block). Remember the main subway needs to be 7x3 in size. Also please don't cover up caves or lava that is outside of the subway.

GC Subway remainder - July 3, 2011.jpeg

Kane likes this.
  3. jcup24

jcup24 Whitelisted Player

So it will always be N or S before the E or W on the /st commands?

4. ElectroBot

Yes. x(N,S)y(W,E). Without brackets and commas.

5. flqw

flqw Whitelisted Player

Yes, that's the common naming convention, since it is easier to built intersections for us and it is also easy to remember.

6. flqw

flqw Whitelisted Player

Okay i made a map including all.

Please feel free to report about updates/unknown stations.

7. flqw

flqw Whitelisted Player

Updated 2S.

8. flqw

flqw Whitelisted Player

Updated 6S.

Quick updated spawn 2S and 4S since its now possible to place platforms directly adjacent to spawner blocks (makes it even better).

EDIT: Also quick updated 2E,4E,6E and 8E.
    EDIT2: Quick updated 8S. All future-proof stations are now up-to-date.

9. flqw

flqw Whitelisted Player

Updated 2N.

10. Sniper3

Sniper3 Whitelisted Player

8N going east, the tunnel is dug to -3070, with rail all the way there.

11. flqw

flqw Whitelisted Player

Updated 8N and 6N.

12. ElectroBot

Yeah some parts are dug quite a bit. I dug that one (and laid track) from -2286. But currently focusing on 4S --> 4S4W.

13. flqw

flqw Whitelisted Player

Finished 4N. Took 4 hours to make *exhausted*.

14. flqw

flqw Whitelisted Player

Updated 4W. All 4k Stations are done now.

Thanks to @Kooj who helped me.

15. Shaostoul

Shaostoul Whitelisted Player

Sorry for the absence, I'll check out one of the future proof stations and see if I can understand what you've got going on.

If you can help direct me a bit, I'll focus on what I can while I've got time.

-edit-

I'd try to wrap my head around the wildcard stuff for the junctions and stuff, but I've got to much else floating around in my head presently to make it even remotely easy.

So I'll work on digging stations and such, but I'll leave that actual workings to you flqw.

so point me in a direction and i'll work on that.

16. flqw

flqw Whitelisted Player

@Shaostoul Yeah i'll take care of the Stations. It's not that hard as it looks first, you will get into it. Talk to @ElectroBot4 , he coordinates the tunnel/track laying work.

17. Shaostoul

Shaostoul Whitelisted Player

If you want help with any of the actual station design (like the private terminal area, not the actual track bit) lemme know.

18. ElectroBot

If you want to dig, then we've got a "map" of the tunnels that still need digging on the 1st and 2nd post in this thread. The one from 4S to 4S4W should be a priority so all 4K stations have access from either a 4N or 4S station.

If you'd rather make a station, 6W has no station. After that there is the 4S4W tunnel leading to right below the town of Anstruther (abandoned, but looks quite nice). We're (slowly) expanding the dug subway from 4S to 4S4W. After that one, the East and West 8K stations don't have any sorting/spawning track laid. After those, we still have to make most of the other 8K stations.

BTW. I'll update the info in the google spreadsheet with station co-ords later, but here it is - https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...tQTI1NVlvX3VicUE&hl=en&authkey=CIuL0KEE#gid=0

19. flqw

flqw Whitelisted Player

Feel free to design as much as you want. I posted that on the other "6k North" Thread as well. All ok as long noone touches the mechanics.

And 4k Stations are my babys <3 dont touch them! ;)

20. flqw

flqw Whitelisted Player

Updated 2W.