1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[Build 2] Railway Info

Discussion in 'Subway / Train Grid/System/Layout Projects!!!' started by ElectroBot, Dec 17, 2011.

1. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Head Moderator Staff Member

On build 2.0 we're building an above ground railway instead of a subway.

Do not connect your project to the railway. ElectroBot/Sniper3 will do it. Station /st commands will be given to projects according to which railway station they're closest to (for e.g. /st 1Moria, 1Camelot, 7Reef, 8Klamoth).

build2_railway_map.png

- There will be no private terminals in the spawn railway station. We might have private terminals at the other stations, but having tracks connected directly to the railway either at stations or along the route is preferred.
    - If possible please combine railways of nearby projects together so that there are less lines connecting to the main railway (especially over water).
    - Use 2 tracks (using right side of the road rules) to connect to projects.
    - If connecting over water, elevate your road/rail to a level that matches the main road/rail (usually 68-71).
    - The North and West 2k-4k track will not be in a straight line (will probably zig-zag).

This post will be updated as soon as details are finalized.

Stevo_1066 likes this.
  2. ElectroBot

Railway/road intersection. The red wool is a Minecart Mania elevator block. The lower level should 3-4 blocks below the upper level (you should be able to walk on it, possibly jump). The lower level has signs on the outside near the bricks.

Upper level (version 3 - wool catches you before the intersection now)

2012-01-02_00.13.40.png

Lower level (version 5 - 99% likely the final design - needed more space for sorting signs to not interfere with each other)

2012-01-02_00.09.59.png

lol9241 and Stevo_1066 like this.
  3. keirhan

keirhan Whitelisted Player

can me and @zoeykitten keep ours seen as i spent a good few hours designing it? plz plz plz

4. ElectroBot

It's too low to the water (a derp by a West road builder). I'll raise it. The bottom will be replaced with the simpler design.

5. keirhan

DAMNIT GOD DAMN REDESIGN AGAIN!!!!!!! :mad: (deep breaths) ok cheers ill redesign to have the simpler crossroads. is it ok for the rail to drop slightly? so i dont have to do a total redesign?

6. ElectroBot

Spawn to 2K West completed.

Working on Spawn to 2K East now.

7. ElectroBot

Spawn to 4K East completed.

2K & 4K West station and railway sorters will be built/set-up upon road/railway completion.

8. bananeman31

bananeman31 Whitelisted Player

can i make mine underwater ?

9. ElectroBot

Private subways, yes. Main road, no. And connections to the main road must be approved (before building) by Sniper3 or ElectroBot. Also when getting close to the main road try to make it blend in. We don't want cobblestone connections or ones that go straight down. Please make sure you read the rules update as well: http://www.godcraft.com/threads/rules-update-december-2011.9244/

10. ElectroBot

Spawn to 2K South completed.

11. ElectroBot

2K South to 4K South completed. Thanks to roadwork helpers ( @keirhan , @burns1200 , @Nitro_Sheep , @ComradeTaco )

I have also changed the sorting station design (mostly the sorting stuff underneath). The more compact one that Dorkinator designed has issues with the sort blocks catching the center sort block's signs info.

EDIT I'm also going to reserve the /st 2,4,6 and 8 for a possible future expansion of the world.

Main Stations will have the following /st commands.
    Spawn = /st 0
    2K North = /st 1n
    4K North = /st 2n
    2K West = /st 3w
    4K West = /st 4w
    2K East = /st 5e
    4K East = /st 6e
    2K South = /st 7s
    4K South = /st 8s

ComradeTaco, aliparpar and burns1200 like this.
  12. heulfryn

heulfryn Whitelisted Player

cheer electrobot for great work on main road and rail way.

13. keirhan

our little road build party :)
    2012-01-01_22.49.24.png 2012-01-01_23.23.51.png

14. Nitro_Sheep

Nitro_Sheep Whitelisted Player

15. keirhan

misa's realistic

64x64

16. ElectroBot

2K North and 2K West stations complete (design and railway routing). Each has 7 private terminals which are only intended for projects that do not want to be connected to the main road/railway.

As of this post we have 13 projects and 3 stations officially and properly connected to the main road/railway. To get your project connected to the main road/railway, please contact ElectroBot in-game, on vent or via forum PM.

I'm still undecided whether we'll continue the North and West roads beyond 2K. We'll probably look more into this once there are more projects made in that direction.

I still have to temporarily create a loop at the end of each direction (to have carts go back if they hit the end) until we install the 4K stations.

If anybody wants to create a simple bridge design (that would go from spawn to the nearest island in every direction, possibly further), either submit the design to this thread or contact me. Please do NOT submit designs from other servers or ones that require significant resources.