1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Build server comeback

Discussion in '[BS] - General Talk' started by bennerkaj, Jan 29, 2013.

?

Do you miss the good old times

Poll closed Feb 12, 2013.
  1. Yes

85.7%
  2. No

14.3%
  1. bennerkaj

bennerkaj Whitelisted Player

okay it is time to rise and shine. we have done it before and we can do it again.

what happened people did frontier really pull so many people away from build?.

I really miss the good old times when we had the GSL Running and our giant community standing together to build one of the servers many beautiful projects.

Dont you miss it?

well here are some of the many hours of fun.

march of the lemmings

Phi digging!!!

and the famous GSL

2. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member

Wait what? Frontiers hardly has build players on it... Frontiers is just as low pop as build.. Overall Minecraft has actually died in population. The biggest issue is also that a lot of friends are pairing off running their own local servers and such. Its so easy now to run a server that people just do it themselves and don't much care to play on a large server. They want something different then the next guy and so the solution is to play solo or with a friend.

Also bennerkaj maybe you could find a easy solution where everyone went. For example you are never around at all any more both on Frontiers and Build like you use to. You have not been on TS/Vent for ages not as often like you have. And now just imagine the entire community......

Billdew likes this.
  3. bennerkaj

I am trying but i am on scool for the next 10 weeks. And the internet is really bad. Multiple logins IF i Try to join TS and a giant hole IF i joins build T.T

4. Kane

There you go :), School. I guess a lot of people on Godcraft are also at school too. I can't tell you where everyone else is only the people who never come on can only tell us like yourself lol.

5. Agility_

Agility_ Whitelisted Player

I no longer have time to play, I still hang on vent at night some days.

School and ladies take up too much time these days. And I ski 3-5 days a week too :eek:

aliparpar likes this.
  6. DeviousMcDub

DeviousMcDub Whitelisted Player

This kind of thing generally happens in most games over time. I used to play a text-based strategy game that had many tens of thousands of active players, and it died down to just about 100 active players with maybe 200 more playing off and on. All the remaining players lived in nostalgia and prayed things would pick up, and they never did. Of course, it died because games like WoW came out offering a better experience of the genre, if you will. When a new CoD comes out (even though it is hated on here), people will play it in masses. Games like Path of Exile as well, sparks peoples interest and a game like Minecraft seems to be put on the back-burner.

All that aside (and that was just my opinion), I personally hope older GC players do return at some point. I joined this server in hopes that I could meet and build with many awesome, different people. But theres been maybe 2-3 people I have actually seen on my screen in-game in the few weeks I have been here.

7. Agility_

Agility_ Whitelisted Player

New semester just started so a lot of people are busy too.

Billdew likes this.
  8. Bagline

Bagline Whitelisted Player

Minecraft PC has sold a million copies in the last two months. Go find some of them.

Billdew likes this.
  9. ColtonisWright

ColtonisWright Whitelisted Player

My reason I have stopped playing is because it no longer enjoys me, nothing that you are doing wrong Kane. I mean, i've played Godcraft for around two years... the same game gets boring after awhile. I've moved on to different games, primarly Dota 2, and Minecraft doesn't spark my interest as it once did.

10. Kane

Yup, It happens, I for one am amazed I been around so long and had such short breaks. Though if it was not for modded servers I doubt I be hanging around much.

11. Billdew

Billdew Whitelisted Player

Most of the Frontiers players never play on build. When was the last time you saw Dronf, VVenaya, or kane on build. The only build players that left for Frontiers were Agility and I.

12. bennerkaj

what about getting together playing some planetside or some other game like a grupe?

13. featherblade2

featherblade2 Whitelisted Player

I haven't been playing due to moving and the divorce of my parents which will take up a couple more weeks but I'll slowly start coming online again. I've also been busy trying to earn some money at home (I'm not old enough to legally have to be paid minimum wage so it's a waste of time getting one), but I've earned well over $700 (NZD) selling old junk in the past week alone. So I've almost reached my target and then I'll be able to play more.

14. Kane

Problem is most of us can't do this. Example would be Sniper3 just only the other day I convinced him and a few others to try Path of Exile for open Beta. He instantly just played with his friends from his other game he plays sometimes and told us to join his mumble and if we did not he was not going to play with us.

So if you want me to put it in another way this community at time has some of the worst ass holes to actually do anything as a community. To many people would easily sell us for one more ounce of crack.

Sucks but we really have a crappy community when it comes to actually being "friends".

15. Dorkinator

Dorkinator Whitelisted Player

http://godcraft.com/threads/should-fugner-be-banned.13024/
    I should probably clarify this. You can't blame the community for being shit when you constantly fuck shit up. Also pushing for people to play on other servers splitting an already small population doesn't help.

16. Kane

17. Dorkinator

Linking fucking with the community.

18. Kane

Wait what?

19. Billdew

Billdew Whitelisted Player

I'm sure that kane know's me, and would know that a little troll wouldn't hurt me. I thought it was kind of funny. But 1 Person Isn't really fucking with the community. Recently kane has been better. Notice the lack of ghasts and ender dragons flying around build?

20. Dorkinator

It's not about you, it's an example, and it is a pretty good representation of how the community is treated.