1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[Camelot] The Canterbury Cathedral

Discussion in '[BS] - Projects' started by Amyliz, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Amyliz

Amyliz Whitelisted Player

Things have finally started progressing over in Camelot in my very large lot which I purchased from @elpacco and @Puppet1012 months ago. What am I making, you ask? Why, the Canterbury Cathedral! I used to have a thread for this, however when we had that two-week forum rollback a few months ago, it got eaten. So here we go again, now that I'm working on it finally!

first-view.jpg

OVERVIEW

Main materials will be Sandstone and Pine logs. If I wanted to be accurate I'd make the whole thing out of sandstone, but that would look really boring. So I'm embellishing with Pine logs wherever it seems appropriate. There will also be stylization done to break up the monotony of some of the sandstone walls. Probably done with metal blocks or wool, I haven't decided what or how yet.

All of the actual RL detail will be kind of difficult to implement, but I will work that out once the framework is complete. Thank dog for /top!

Here's a floor plan:
    plan-carve-1925.jpg

I'm planning on implementing all areas of the cathedral, and making them look as accurate as I can to the pictures I find. Likely will have some functional things inside, too. Maybe some sign shops for 'charity' donations (maybe to go to community projects?), possibly some secret areas.

PROGRESS (UPDATED 6/29)

Work journal 6/29

Here's what I have done so far! Main building exterior is FINISHED! Outbuildings need to be made, but only a few. Interior will commence once those are done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Cry some more about Dokucraft Puppet, I ain't even mad [​IMG] .

GROUNDS

Now, for ground plans... first an unmolested overview:
    cathmap.png

As you can see, my lot is right where Sounas built that badass bridge over the bay, so I have more plans than just the cathedral for this lot.

cathmaplabel.png

Piece by piece...

HEDGE MAZE: This is really a QR code for the lulz, but looks pretty sweet when you're on ground level with it. The middles of the squares are leaf-covered little rooms with benches and such. More to be added to make it more interesting.

PARK: Here are going to be some very pretty and stylized grounds for the cathedral. Parks, ponds, vendor stands, gazebos, fountains, you name it. I haven't decided what the paths are going to be made of yet. The CG in me says gravel, but I'm not sure.

MAIN CATHEDRAL: Self-explanatory. The entire thing used to be outlined, but isn't anymore. When I went idle the good folks of camelot tore it down, which is understandable, and this is what could be recovered through block logs. I will finish that up later.

GAMING CENTER: If you look near the P in Park, there's a Connect Four board there. People seem to like it, so I was going to move it to the Gaming center, and have more games to play there as well, all in a leisurely park setting. (wtb chess)

CAMELOT HARBOR TOWN: Since my lot happens to be right on the bay/bridge area of Camelot, I'm going to dress this up as well. There will be a quaint little town, with some vendors for things like fish, as well as ships, docks, lighthouse probably. Basically, make it into a little town that sits at the head of the cathedral.

DONATIONS: If you are wandering by and would like to contribute to the project, I'll have some sign shops set up soon there for things like Sandstone, Pine logs, Glass, Sand, Diamonds, whatever. I am very well-funded, however, so don't worry about me needing it super-badly.

DONOR LIST

amm255: 20 diamond blocks
    Dorkinator: 7 double chests sand
    djbrooks06: 1000 credits
    IgpayAtinlay: 1000 credits
    Sniper3: 27 stacks Sandstone
    Zedducius: 20 stacks sandstone
    nhoj85: 1 stack sandstone
    Electrobot4: 4 stacks sandstone
    Puppet1012: love and support. and like half an inventory of sandstone
    elpacco: 8 stacks sand
    aliparpar: 1 stack glowstone
    Sniper3: Diamond pickaxe :3

Since I can collect donations offline, be sure to note in this thread if you've donated and I wasn't online (or if I was afk and didn't notice).

SALES

If you want to sell me some stuff, I'm currently buying:

Ssandstone at 50c/stack
    Sand 50c/4 stacks
    Pine logs 100c/3 stacks.

Discounts are appreciated >.>

THREAD UPDATES

As I update the OP, changelogs will be posted here.

9/17: Changed the progress photos, added a sales section, updated donor list.
    9/18: Changed progress photos, updated donor list.
    9/23: Changed progress photos & text, updated donor list.
    9/28: Changed progress photos & test, updated donor list.
    6/29 (loljump): Work journal here.

2. Sniper3

Sniper3 Whitelisted Player

First! [​IMG]

And it looks cool so far! :D

confuzzledyma likes this.
  3. Jim_Jam94

Jim_Jam94 Whitelisted Player

Awesome work, keep it coming :D

4. djbrooks06

djbrooks06 Whitelisted Player

looks good, i might donate some materials myself. will be nice having you as a neighbor :)

5. Puppet1012

Puppet1012 Whitelisted Player

omg this is super exciting :D <3 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Puppet1012

trolololol you better not be because ima keep making fun of it :p jkjk

7. Amyliz

Your posts, esp with parrots added, are like eyefucks with all the Nyan and such. Well done.

Puppet1012 likes this.
  8. Puppet1012

I do what i can :]

9. mrcrawford84

mrcrawford84 Whitelisted Player

A worthy undertaking indeed.
    Can't wait to see it.

Ill have to make a trip in and visit Camelot again.

10. jcup24

jcup24 Whitelisted Player

11. Dorkinator

Dorkinator Whitelisted Player

I do enjoy seeing a good build every now and then. I had 50 parrots here but they got killed.

Puppet1012 likes this.
  12. Puppet1012

Parrots galore!

13. Sniper3

OMG no.

14. Amyliz

*Insert 1000's of parrots here*

15. Sniper3

You would... >.>

16. Amyliz

Aw who keeps editing out the parrots, it's under my damn hosting so its not like it hurts anything :<

17. Dorkinator

Dorkinator Whitelisted Player

Clearly some one who hates parrots.

18. Puppet1012

I want my parrots back... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. JustinoLatino

JustinoLatino Whitelisted Player

QRcode, says "Kane sucks" for those w/o a reader.

Dorkinator and Puppet1012 like this.
  20. Sniper3

Damnit puppet... XD

Puppet1012 likes this.