1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!

City of Phi [Thread v3]

Discussion in '[BS] - Projects' started by Piekiller, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Bodydrag

Bodydrag Whitelisted Player

Just a little constructive advice here:
    Though you managed to include all the "Phi-colors", this house of yours really lacks any accentuation. Let some parts stand out 3-Dimensionally or indent others, give the roof an overhang and use a different blocktype than for the other parts, add some balconies, add a porch of some kind, create some kind of difference in shape for the first, second, or third floor. Virtually anything that would make this house more than just a Phi-colored block will do.
    And please take no offense in this comment, I just wanna help.

Amyliz and featherblade2 like this.
  2. Bagline

Bagline Whitelisted Player

Some good advice. It's funny how the build I did last night for the trade NPC village thing (general whitelist forum) is probably over 50% stairs/fences.

I have this theory that detail and variety are the most important things to any build. And don't be afraid of cobble. (but don't overuse it, or force it on the Phi design.)

featherblade2 likes this.
  3. Bagline

You have no idea the epic that is being made on the test server right now. =)

/end raising expectations.

nevada2000 likes this.
  4. featherblade2

featherblade2 Whitelisted Player

They are in for a shock... Pure epicness. BTW I opped Pie because he got pissy at me b/c he wasn't opped... So he'll be helping too.

5. Bagline

So.... I think my tower is done. Sufficiently epic.

6. featherblade2

Good work! I'll be on later to take a look :p

7. Kooj

Kooj Whitelisted Player

Phi Update
    11/8/12

Nearing completion :)
    /tease
    [​IMG]

8. BearJew1986

BearJew1986 Whitelisted Player

WOW.....Just WOW

9. burns1200

burns1200 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Mancon123, nevada2000 and mista like this.
  10. Bagline

Looks like things really came together today lol.

11. Bodydrag

All the non-blue colors are just temporary btw.
    I can also proudly say now that I've extended my repertoire to arches AND branches!

12. Agility_

Agility_ Whitelisted Player

It looks terrible.

bennerkaj, mista and Bodydrag like this.
  13. featherblade2

I was kidding about it in that spot. But I do like pink for some builds. It's actually brick? Um... I'll check that.

14. Togeh

Togeh Whitelisted Player

Is all that blue Lapis? *drool*

15. featherblade2

60 stacks worth. The shitty thing is I only know where 15 stacks are in Phi.

16. Piekiller

Piekiller Whitelisted Player

Looking good.

17. Kooj

Kooj Whitelisted Player

Phi Update
    11/12/12

The time to build is NOW
    [​IMG]

We are ready to build this amazing structure on our build server; anyone who wants to help is welcome! Here is how you can be a part of this historic Godcraft project:

1.) Download this version of SCHEMATICA. Navigate to your ".minecraft" folder and place the .jar file you downloaded into the "mods" folder.
    *Note* You need to be running a copy of ElectroBot's client or minecraft forge to run schematica.​

2.) Download my schematic files. In your ".minecraft" folder, place these files into the "schematics" folder that is created after you run Minecraft with schematica. I will list the schematica files and coords below, so keep checking this post for new sections to build.
    ~ Tower 1-lower DONE (-7483, 27, -957)​
    ~ Tower 2-lower (-7339, 27, -957)​
    ~ Tower 3-lower (-7339, 27, -813)​
    ~ Tower 4-lower (-7483, 27, -813)​
    ~ Phi Center Tower DONE (If it crashes your Minecraft, load a smaller schematic first and set to 1 layer. Then, load this schematic and line it up)​
    ~ Walkway Bridges DONE (line up the gold circle in the center at level 23 with Rei's minimap lvl 70 in the center)​

3.) Upload the schematic in Minecraft and BUILD! (see instructions below)

Navigate to the coordinates of the schematic you are working with. Stand on the cobblestone block, facing the wool. Check that the sign matches the file name of the schematic you are using.
    [​IMG]

Press "/" on the numpad to open the "Select schematic file" screen. Choose the appropriate schematic and click DONE.
    [​IMG]

If it doesn't crash your client, the schematic should upload, looking like a blue, ghostly image. Make sure the green wools line up. If they don't, you can press "Del" on the numpad to bring up the "Move Schematic" window, and adjust the x- and z-axis until they are aligned.
    *Note* Also on the right side of the "Move Schematic" window, you can select "Layers" to build the structure one layer at a time. I strongly recommend this, as it creates LESS LAG and makes it easier to place blocks.​
    [​IMG]

Blocks with a blue hue represent blocks need to be placed. Blocks with a red hue represent blocks placed incorrectly. Blocks that show as normal represent blocks that have been placed correctly. Don't fuck up, and have fun!
    [​IMG]

18. ot0_m0t0

ot0_m0t0 Whitelisted Player

Lol we had the same sistem of alignment. You can just tell people the coordinates they need to use, its the same number for everyone.

19. Bodydrag

That's exactly what I tried to explain to Electro yesterday. You can virtually load the schematica file anywhere, and only have to set the coordinates to the right block once and then tell everyone those coords. This of course only works with builds that are mirrored over the center (every quarter of the build being exactly the same). I'm not sure if direction you face actually affects the direction the building is facing.

20. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Head Moderator Staff Member

I think it changes if you rotate the schematic or have one that doesn't have 4 equal quadrants.