1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!

Compact Arrival/Departure Station Design

Discussion in 'Subway / Train Grid/System/Layout Projects!!!' started by madcat1030, May 16, 2011.

1. madcat1030

madcat1030 Whitelisted Player

CGmap.PNG

NOTE: All directions I use in this example will assume that north is the direction pointed in the illustration.

The next line of blocks to the south of the illustrated 10 blocks would be a wall. The wire would go from under the wall next to the pumpkin, over one and down, then back under the floor to the south of the wall. Line the floor above the wire with pressure-plates, and voila. It works.

2. Bagline

Bagline Whitelisted Player

I know it's not symetrical, but you can remove the block between the iron block and iron ore.

You could probably also get away with having the iron block under the turn on the arrival line, and the iron ore underneath the very middle block. (if not, you could have the iron just before the turn and the ore just after the turn in the very middle space)

minecart mania 10x> craftbook

edit: now that I think of it, you can get rid of the space after(left of) the jackolantern too i bet. I have a setup where it's jackolanters/mossy with no spaces.

3. Shaostoul

Shaostoul Whitelisted Player

a jackolantern then a block then a mossy is safest. Sometimes the mossy doesn't grab it depending which way the track is facing.

Also with MM you don't need [sort] on your signs. I'd personally send the empty cart to the Iron Ore with that setup on the sign.. player:N and empty:W

Also with the Lime Green Wool and Eject Here signs you can have the track run parallel. This also allows for other kinds of designs, some of which can get fairly silly.

It's not a bad design. Nice work, keep it up.

4. Bagline

the track i'm using it on is facing E/W, I know i've had problems with that before, thought it was changed since this one hasn't had any issues at all. (actually I think my problem before was redstone activating both blocks)

Might do some testing on that now lol.

with the way the track is setup, you don't need to have two criteria for the sorter, if it doesn't match the empty condition, it will follow the curve of the track.

I like how we always hijack any minecart related thread =)

5. Bagline

6. Shaostoul

Shaostoul Whitelisted Player

It's cause we're the ones messing with the stuff all the time. Almost every day I'm on, I'm doing subway stuff. Near always improving my designs.

7. Dorkinator

Dorkinator Whitelisted Player

Why do you split it like that? Just make it follow the track as it should. Also iron ore can be next to the iron block.

8. Bagline

If you're referring to the empty cart catcher, I agree.

Didn't even think about it, you're going to be pulling the person into the cart anyway, so it should never be empty.

9. Dorkinator

Dorkinator Whitelisted Player

Not to mention you can just use empty:D to destroy empty carts.