1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Cube World Coming Very Soon!

Discussion in 'Server & Site News' started by Kane, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member

So Wollay been giving out some early copies to the PR Guys like InTheLittleWood and such. They have what its called Alpha Closed Beta. Looks like Alpha for the rest of us will start very soon I would say less then a month but that is all my own speculation and I feel even sooner then that.

The game will be released as a Alpha at a reduced price then of course Beta and Release. The game has Multiplayer I don't think and I could be wrong but I don't think we can host or run a server on our own yet.

But when and if we can I will be hosting servers and if their cap at 4 players I will run more then 1 server sort of like S1, S2, S3, and such. That way you just join the first empty one or maybe you want to play wit Frank so you can arrange to play on S4 sort like Teamspeak chat.

There is a ton of Information now about the game and if you scroll down this page you will see some the great info and feature of the game:
    https://picroma.com/cubeworld

Also I wanted to add this game is more Zelda then Minecraft by a large scale. You wanted a Zelda 3D RPG with never ending size... You found it. I would say Minecraft comes near the end and that is pretty much a cube looking world but even that you could consider more a 8 bit world if you get what I mean. Overall it might have a slight Minecraft feeling but it's for sure a Zelda classic alike game in 3d!

So what do you guys think? Who is considering it? Should we start a forum section? Lets talk :)

2. Kane

Live stream:

3. vvenaya

vvenaya Whitelisted Player

So looking forward to buy this... damn you wollay for not releasing this like NOW

Kane likes this.
  4. Bagline

Bagline Whitelisted Player

Definitely buying this. Hopefully the community for it will be large enough to have some really cool mods made for it. Specifically larger multiplayer servers and building like in Minecraft.

Although larger servers is already on their list of things they want to try out, so that's nice.

The game already looks more polished than Minecraft currently is.

5. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Head Moderator Staff Member

It looks more like a Terraria kind of game (more RPG, rather than building) than Minecraft.

6. Bagline

I'm not comparing it to Minecraft on a gameplay level, although it would totally blow Minecraft out of the water if it was modded to include a similar building mechanic.

You can actually customize/strengthen the weapons with extra blocks which is pretty cool.

Kane likes this.
  7. Bagline

One problem limiting the MMO style for this game is no account verification like Minecraft. The character files are also stored locally so cheating would be rampant. =(

8. Kane

By the time it can be that scale I'm pretty sure or hope it will be server side. Once again it will be small servers anyways and at this time there is NO way to change the port on the server side.

So pretty much 4 people per server and might not be able to change ip so just 1 server lol...

But small group people that trust each other that say no playing the char in Single only on the server I think it will work.

9. johnmg3

johnmg3 Whitelisted Player

Definitely looks worth checking out. Will stay tuned for alpha release announce.

10. Kane

11. Bagline

It went on sale today, but due to some issues with orders not going through properly it's been taken down again.

Going to check today after work I guess.

12. Kane

Yeah I guess was to busy talking about it else where then here haha. The servers ended up crashing and causing some issues from the load. He is trying to so called fix it though the more he waits more traffic he is bring in haha.