1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!

Cube World Test Server Online!

Discussion in 'Server & Site News' started by Kane, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member

The biggest thing people don't understand about the game is it's suppose to be pretty hard till later on. Yellows being challenging and red being to hard and blue being the right place even though mostly 1 exp till your higher.

What happens at higher levels is your gear gets better and you might think well mobs just get higher and that is not the case. They scale via power level not levels. So when you get really high you start getting very little power level to the point you have lets say 100x more usage out that levels weapon vs lower levels...

Here this will visualize it better:
    Code:
    level.power
    edit: here is some levels and how much exp they need for leveling
    lv10 - 360exp
    lv20 - 537exp
    lv30 - 642exp
    lv50 - 760exp
    lv70 - 825exp
    lv100 - 881exp
    lv200 - 958exp
    and then it rises very little like lv 8000 to 8001 you need 1047exp :)

Here is a video on the Ranger Exploit lol:

2. Bagline

Bagline Whitelisted Player

I think he's referring to being able to use a 2 handed weapon in 1 hand. That's an exploit though, the water mage healing stuff is an intended feature.

I put off trying to kill boss monsters for a long time because the first two I killed didn't give anything near what they should have considering how hard they were to kill (10-20xp, no items). The third one I killed last night was an experiment to see if the one's with quests were more rewarding.... I missed out on a lot apparently. Got 2/3rd of a level from the boss alone.

3. Bodydrag

Bodydrag Whitelisted Player

There is a retreat bug/exploit? Please tell me more!
    And well, currently (even at level 35) the retreat I use is at a 8 second cooldown, and especially boss mobs catch up within one or two seconds after casting. Also, the kick (which stuns sometimes) isn't really reliable against those either. So yeah, I wouldn't have any clue how to beat those mobs (which are supposed to be beatable at my level according to their color) if I can't even beat em with the current "exploit".
    Btw, the right-click attack with the bow doesn't to any damage at all. Bug?

4. Bagline

Ah, Kane. The same thing happens for the warrior except it doesn't do any damage if the charge power is 0.

5. Kane

Use retreat when using the hang glider and like 10 other things :p

6. Bodydrag

That glider thing is kinda neat, but hard to control.
    Back to the impossible boss monsters, though. The ones that are relevant, and that I have not to date been able to kill are the ones that are called "the ruler in/of xxx". I just tried to kill one in the most advantageous position for me. Namely, I stand on top of a mountain, spam my right click (ctits up to 120 dmg/ 5-10 shots per second), and kick him down once he gets to me.
    Now, this is a boss that is surrounded by mobs that I can kill with about ten shots each, so you'd expect the boss to go down in a reasonable amount of time. BUT, after 4 minutes of constant shooting (I guess taking 10-20k damage in that time) I get him down to 50%, and then, right in front of me, he regs back up to 100% instantly.
    Thus: This mob type can not be killed. (If anyone did it, please tell me how). Bug?

7. Kane

If you watched all my videos you will find that I have a hell of a time also. I would in fact say 80% of bosses I can't solo. I assume though I will one I get high enough get a lucky drop on a green or blue staff. The big thing here is you know them +1 to +4 groups? The +4's drop really good items apparently.

So that would be my goal down the road.

8. Amyliz

Amyliz Whitelisted Player

2.jpg
    We had a +4 drop a yellow normal bow for me that I used for several levels. He was doable against our combo though (Mr. Amy is playing a ninja). A skeleton, dont' remember what class or even if he had one. The ninja "tanks" and dodges as much as possible, and I DPS (boomerang) and throw out kicks when he runs by.​

It took I swear to god forever to get him down (like 20 minutes), and he almost ran out of potions. I had to chuck some at him so we could finish. I can't solo jack squat, if stuff gets to me I die, pretty much :(. I actually just replaced the bow with an epic +63 boomerang at lvl 42.

We had a dungeon we just did though, that I swear was mislabelled. Everything was way harder than it should have been, and stuff in there dropped epics and yellows for the last 5 pulls before the boss (we couldn't beat the boss in that one). So I got a shiny new epic chest from that, and of course we got yellow mage and warrior gear ><.

Kane likes this.
  9. Bagline

Shopkeepers always have the same items... so I loaded up kane's seed from his lets play and got that gold quality lamp lol. Now maybe I can just play through the night instead of having to wait until about 2am to see again.

10. Bodydrag

Just found this badboy and now I see how this char is op ^^
    crits are now up to 180 and I have a crit chance of 55%.
    Everything is melting now around me and I even managed to get one of the "impossibles" down in about 3 minutes.
    I still have to chug about 15 potions in such a fight, and I still take hits that deal about 15-40% of my total life (which is around 1500 atm). So yeah, as Amy indicated, I guess you are not supposed to fight some mobs alone. Ever. Unless you are a walking minigun with unlimited ammo ofc ;)

damn.png

Amyliz likes this.
  11. Amyliz

Amyliz Whitelisted Player

Do want.

12. Greaterix

Greaterix Whitelisted Player

blurgh, last patch killed it for my laptop - 92% CPU usage at menu lulwut?!

see what happens, can only be playing it at home now

13. Kane

cube.godcraft.com up with the ranger crash fix.

14. djbrooks06

djbrooks06 Whitelisted Player

is it normal to die before you even load for the first time? and be surround by dark beetles and constantly die lol

15. Kane

On our server yes since someone had scaled it up... The issue here is Wollay has scaling up level system now not simple normal WoW style where one are is level 1 etc.