1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!

Does MCpatcher not work anymore?

Discussion in '[BS] - General Talk' started by DuskfireDream, Apr 25, 2011.

1. DuskfireDream Whitelisted Player

Message Count:
    I just tried patching Minecraft with MCpatcher and it doesn't work. I haven't tried to patch the textures since before I joined Godcraft and downgraded my .jar back to 1.4. Actually, I haven't patched since I was using 1.3. Does MCpatcher not work with the version of Minecraft we're using? Is there a different patcher I can use?
  2. cXhristian Whitelisted Player

Message Count:
    Keep in mind that every mod or tool for minecraft is version specific.
    You probably downloaded the version for 1.5, and therefore it didn't work with 1.4
    Not sure if the 1.4 download is still up, so I'll just reupload it.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7972396/mcpatcher-2.0.0-beta3.jar

I believe this is the right version for 1.4, but do a backup first, just in case.
    No need to patch the texture packs with the tool anymore, just select the HQ/HD texture pack from the menu ingame as you would do with a 16x16 pack. (Lava and water works too)
  3. DuskfireDream Whitelisted Player

Message Count:
    This version looks different and I can't find where to direct it to the texture pack now...
  4. cXhristian Whitelisted Player

Message Count:
    As I said.. No need to select texture packs anymore. It has been updated to make minecraft support them from the ingame menu.

Just patch the minecraft jar and select texturepack like you would do with a 16x16 texture pack.
  5. DuskfireDream Whitelisted Player

Message Count:
    Wow! Okay, thank you!
  6. DuskfireDream Whitelisted Player

Message Count:
    Hm, I keep getting the error:
    "Your minecraft.jar appears to be an older version or is already modded.
    If you have problems:
    -Try updating the game using the launcher.
    -If you are using other mods, try applying them after running MCPatcher."
  7. Sniper3 Whitelisted Player

Message Count:
    If you are using other mods, try applying them after running MCPatcher. - Usually helps.

If you don't have any mods installed, it's probably the wrong version of the patcher... You won't have to worry about it though for too long, we should be upgrading to 1.5 soon enough.
  8. DuskfireDream Whitelisted Player

Message Count:
    I got my version of Minecraft directly from this website... I think it was Kane's version. I know it has mods already in it, but how would I take them out and put them back without having to dig for each individual mod online?
  9. Hector New Member

Message Count:
    Hey speaking of texture pack problems, my Minecraft has recently been screwy due to a dodgy version of Gerudoku...causing a blackscreen/crash within 10 seconds of loading any of my worlds. would deleting my bin folder then redownloading the client fix this issue, or screw me even more?
  10. emmetireland Whitelisted Player

Message Count:
    That's not a texture pack it's an block from a mod you had installed before and now you don't have it because of the update, well that's the normal cause, it could also be in your inventory or in a chest. The easy fix is re-install the mod and the slightly harder fix is use a map editor to remove the block.

Or it could be a missing texture if it's that just before you login click options, force update, if that doesn't work delete the texture pack through AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\texturepacks\(the texture packs)
    delete the problem texture pack.
  11. moylemr New Member

Message Count:
    speeking of texture packs my mc patcher dosent work it usauly had a +,- ETC... but now it just ans lines... like this
    test mine craft. ------- -------- -------- -------- unpatch
    patch