1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Facts & Questions (Read before posting!)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Shaostoul, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Shaostoul

Shaostoul Whitelisted Player

General Forum and In-Game FAQ

Have a question? Ask here! Have an answer for a question? Post here!

Post 1: Connection Issues & General Questions
    Post 2: Forum Questions
    Post 3: Game Related Questions
    Post 4: In-Game Related Questions
    Post 5: Facts

ISSUES CONNECTING:
    Can't connect to minecraft.net: Notch's Login server is down or having issues. You can keep trying again or try later. (Godcraft has no way of solving this for you)

User Not Premium: This is something that happens if you clicked play offline or Notch's server somehow set you to offline mode because of a bug or glitch or maybe he rebooted the server. The best thing to do here is to exit your client and try again a reboot can't hurt or delete your bin folder and try again. If your using a illegal client don't bother trying to play here. (Godcraft has no way of solving this for you)

Disconnected by Server Failed to Verify Username: Just like all the rest of the silly errors this one is basically having issues trying to verify your user name just like the user not premium and also something we have no control over. (Godcraft has no way of solving this for you)

Internal client error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect This is another Notch one this usually means that our server can't connect Notch's Server at all. Almost like his server was shutdown or rebooting or worse. (Godcraft has no way of solving this for you)

Disconnected by Server Took too long to log in This is like the error above but usually means Notch's Server is online and running but it's under heavy attack or to many connections and it's so laggy that our server just can't contact it. (Godcraft has no way of solving this for you)

Failed to connect the server Connection refused: connect This means our server is offline or that you are not able to connect because a firewall, router or even a certain network is not letting you connect to our server. But most the time this error means the server just crashed or it's having a rough day :)

Internal client error: java.net.UnknownHostException: http://www.minecraft.net This means you are trying to connect to the Test Server 1.2_01 with a 1.1_02 client. Delete the bin folder in%appdata%/.minecraft/bin

Internal exception: java.io.IOException: Bad packet id 37 You are trying to connect to the main server using the 1.2_01 client. Please use one of the modified clients and downgrade to 1.1_02.

Post 1: General Questions

Question: What is this thread for?
    Answer: In an attempt to alleviate stress and confusing by player and moderator alike, I believe a community wide FAQ is a terrific idea!

Question: I have a question, is there a format I should ask it in?
    Answer: I would suggest asking each individual question with "Question:" at the beginning. It'll make things easier!

Question: I have an answer for a question, what should I do?
    Answer: Quote the post and at the beginning of your post, start with "Answer:" at the beginning.

Question: I have a bunch of Questions and Answers for those questions that I'd like to offer to the thread, what should I do?
    Answer: Feel free to post them all! Just make sure your question has been asked already and your answer hasn't been posted already.

Question: Can we have a list of people who contributed to this FAQ?
    Answer: I would prefer not, this way no one gets a special feeling out if and they don't act superior to others for it.

Question: What about the "Facts" part of this FAQ?
    Answer: If you have a lot of facts you would like to post, please keep them related to Godcraft, either in-game or forum related. I believe some general Minecraft facts are appropriate as well.

2. Shaostoul

Post 2: Forum Questions

3. Shaostoul

Post 3: Game Related Questions

4. Shaostoul

Post 4: In-Game Related Questions

5. Shaostoul

Post 5: Facts

6. r3ddfox

r3ddfox Whitelisted Player

Kinda stole my thunder there Brosef, but I applaud you for taking the initiative.

7. Shaostoul

Yeah, I saw you wanted to post about it, but it didn't seem you had the time brochacho.

The idea was inspired by you... to an extent :p

I'll try to do you proud r3ddfox :D

8. Sniper3

Sniper3 Whitelisted Player

Keep this updated and I'll keep it as a sticky. :D

Might want to add this:

9. emmetireland

emmetireland Whitelisted Player

Pro tip: ALWAYS look in the support forum before you make a post saying i can't connect
    chances are someone already has.

10. LeftWing

LeftWing Whitelisted Player

11. Shaostoul

I believe they've finished the migration.

12. LeftWing

LeftWing Whitelisted Player

then why is minecraft.net still down?

#edit#

both the site and the server for the client are still down, is it just for me?

#edit#

jusst used a differand browser and i got on to the site, but i still can connect through the client.

13. Lunariz

Lunariz Whitelisted Player

Am I correct the server is offline right now? I'm getting Failed to connect to server error, which, according to this FAQ, means the server is offline!

14. Shaostoul

I just tested, I logged in fine.

I think it is just touchy...

Like whether or not your new girlfriend will flip out if you say "Make me a sammich!"

It's just flipping out on you. :p

15. Lunariz

Lunariz Whitelisted Player

Bitchy server.. Get back to the damn kitchen!

16. TheAriaWithin

TheAriaWithin Whitelisted Player

how do I install zan's minimap for 1.4? I have a mac.

17. emmetireland

emmetireland Whitelisted Player

18. gebrhazelaar

gebrhazelaar New Member

Do you most be whitelisted to login at the server

19. Shaostoul

You have to be whitelisted to join either GodCraft server, which costs 10 dollars for the build server then 10 dollars for the PvP server.

20. Dazac21

Dazac21 Whitelisted Player

Hey I cant login to the server because "Unable to connect to back end server"
    any one know whats up?