1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!

[GC-A] Immibis's TubeStuff

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by fauxiss, Feb 22, 2013.

1. fauxiss

fauxiss Whitelisted Player

I'd really like to see Immibis's TubeStuff mod back on the server (was on last GC-A server).

Immibis Mods on the Minecraft Forums
    Immibis's Download Page
    Immibis Tubestuff Sphax Mod Patch

[​IMG]

There are a few blocks that I find really useful and others will find useful too. It adds a few blocks including:
    1. Buffer - Allows easy transfer between Redpower tubes and Buildcraft pipes. it allows transfer both ways whereas the Redpower one can only go from Buildcraft to Redpower.
    2. Automatic Crafting Table MKII - An upgraded form of Buildcraft's auto crafting table that allows easy functionality with Redpower's filters and tubes. It has an internal inventory that allows items to move stack before being crafted. It can also store multiple stacks of an item.
    3. Incinerator - A block that acts like lava however items can be pumped into it and will get incinerated immediately. Useful if in a tight space and/or don't want free lava flowing around your base.
    4. Liquid Incinerator - Same as the incinerator above but when placing cells (for example) into the inventory it will destroy the liquid and give back the cell.
    5. Retrievulator - Makes usage of the Redpower retriever easier by adding measures to easily control which blocks with be retrieved,
    6. Block Breaker - Adds a less OP version of the Redpower block breaker where it takes some time to mine the block.
    7. Online Player Detector - Emits a redstone signal when the connected player is online. Useful when required to turn off machines when a player is offline.
    8. Storage Blocks - Adds block versions of silver, copper, tin, nikolite, coal, redstone, blue alloy, red alloy and brass.
    It also adds some blocks that I don't think would be good to have on GC-A and should probably be banned including:
    1. Black-Hole Chest - Unlimited storage in a chest. It also has an animation that can cause lag on some computers and may even effect server performance.
    2. Duplicator - This is a block that can duplicate any item. It is only enabled for ops so it shouldn't be a problem however, there are some people that know how to get around certain things so it's placement/usage should be banned.
    3. Liquid Duplicator - Same as the duplicator above but duplicates liquids as you pump them out.
    4. Online Player Detector - I can't think of all the possible uses of this block but I have a feeling that it could be used in a bad way. Might be better if it was banned. (Description above)
    Since the server is already running Immibis Core, it shouldn't be to difficult to add.

2. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Head Moderator Staff Member

1. Buffer - would be nice. Twice I tried to use the RP buffer thinking it was the one that buffered and sent items out.
    2. RP has plans with its project tables. We don't want things to get too automated, do we?
    3. & 4. BC already has item and liquid void pipes.
    5. & 6. More automation? (this is one of the reasons servers lag)
    7. I LIKE.
    8. Inter-dimensional barrels.

1. Last I recall this was not SMP ready and is OP.
    2. & 3. Only useful for adventure maps (for e.g. the towers on GCA v1)
    4. This would be VERY useful as long as it "tracked" the player who placed it only.

I'm torn whether this mod should be added. For me only the Buffer and Player detector have any use other than massive auto-crafting/sorting systems.

3. dronf

dronf Whitelisted Player

I think it would be worth it just for the 2 items electro listed, with the addition of the retrievulator. It's a useful block to keep a certain amount of things in inventories, so you don't have to use pipes that can drop items out. It also jams when not in use.

4. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Head Moderator Staff Member

Enter RP Manager.

5. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member

I will look into this in the near future.

fauxiss and Agility_ like this.
  6. fauxiss

I understand that we don't want massive auto-crafting systems but I still think it is worth it to add it just for certain blocks even though a lot of the blocks will be banned. Personally I would like to see the buffer just because it makes things so much easier. I have also been confused with the Redpower buffer before on GCA. I would also like to see the incinerators because it makes it easier to use only tubes (I don't like Buildcraft pipes much). The block breaker isn't really necessary and the Retrievulator is a less advanced form of the manager so also not necessary. Player detectors only track the player that placed it. I guess it stores the data in a folder because they have no GUI. And the storage blocks could be used for decoration.

Good Blocks:
    Buffers
    Incinerators
    Player Detectors
    Storage Blocks

7. fauxiss

Thanks Kane

8. fauxiss

Just finished resizing the Sphax textures (they were 128x). Heres a shot with all the blocks added. The incinerators and duplicators above each other are the item and liquid forms. The black smudge is a particle effect from the black hole chest. There is a red alloy wire that has power coming out of the player detector.

[​IMG]

EDIT: I'll just put it in the OP...