1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!

[GcA]EAQ

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by frederikam, Mar 3, 2013.

1. frederikam

frederikam Member

Recently i have answered a lot of questions regarding simple things like;
    • "How do I craft XXX?" - It's ridiculous how many can't use NEI
    • "How do I make an enderchest private?"
    • "How do I get membership?"
    so I thought it would make things much easier if we made like some kind of EAQ, that newly whitelisted members should read (Like with the rules) before joining the server. I think this would decrease the amount of simple questions on the server.

2. bennerkaj

bennerkaj Whitelisted Player

3. frederikam

frederikam Member

4. bennerkaj

there is no FAQ. bud there are guides, stuff about membership.

5. frederikam

frederikam Member

That doesn't contain many of answers like these, I can't refer to these when talking to people in chat.

6. keirhan

keirhan Whitelisted Player

godcraft Wikia wiki can have a FAQ page added however i need a full list of FAQ's to begin with.

7. frederikam

frederikam Member

The problem with that would be that they wouldn't read it. I didn't even know there was a Godcraft Wikia, and I don't see a need for it either. In my opinion Wikia is filled with ads everywhere, which is annoying. My idea was that we could have an official EAQ that must be read by new members when applying, as like the members must read the rules.

8. keirhan

wikia is the first place dumping ground for much of the server wiki information before it get added to the Godcraft wiki. Adding that EAQ will also not help at all as the rules state what items are banned yet people still ask why they cant create certain items.

when it comes down to it people don't read. they just ask in chat in the hope that people will answer.

9. frederikam

frederikam Member

Like?
    Not if they would have to read it before joining the server, similar to the rules.

10. keirhan

dude. there are a lot of people who don't read the rules and still join. don't kid your self over whether people will read it.

ElectroBot likes this.
  11. frederikam

frederikam Member

That why Godcraft made use of policy questions.

This thread would make much more sense if it got attention from an admin/moderator.

12. Billdew

Billdew Whitelisted Player

Most of these questions can be answered by spending 5 minutes reading the wiki

13. frederikam

frederikam Member

Which most people apparently don't do.

14. keirhan

the mods will be watching BUT their lack of involvement in this should be a sign to you to drop this. the changes will be made to the wiki in time and the questions will receive the normal answers of RTW/RTF

15. burns1200

burns1200 Well-Known Member

When someone is accepted to the server they get a like to the guides and wiki's in the acceptance:
    ---
    Make sure you've read the GC-A Server Rules and Guides.
    ---
    Make sure you watch How to Protect Yourself! Video or else!
    If they choose not to read and or watch them i's not our problem. ​

keirhan and ElectroBot like this.
  16. frederikam

frederikam Member

I use a lot of time getting distracted from what I was doing, because of questions that I politely answer. The most frequently asked questions were regarding mods and how they work. If joining the server would include reading an EAQ I think this problem won't be as bad as it currently is.
    Of course if this thread can't get any support from you moderators this suggestion is irrelevant.

17. bennerkaj

and how do we know that they read it?

people dont even read the rules

ElectroBot likes this.
  18. frederikam

frederikam Member

Please re-read post 11.

19. keirhan

Fred I know what your saying trust me I do, I just don't thing it's worth adding in a new section one small bit in the wiki should be fine

20. frederikam

frederikam Member

I guess it is up to the admin's decision.