1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Notice: Godcraft is now 1000+ days old. I Think it's time for a change!

Discussion in 'Server & Site News' started by Kane, Jul 29, 2013.

?

So what would you like to see happen with Godcraft?

1. Fresh Start! New Site, New Forums, New Domain.

70.1%
  2. Let Godcraft Die in peace. Just let her fade away like she is now!

4.5%
  3. Take down build and start a new build like server?

25.4%
  1. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Head Moderator Staff Member

Definitively not one like the free servers used to have. 50-100 ppl online, chat spam like you wouldn't believe, mods doing double duty with no time to play. No thank you. I'll settle for a smaller group that uses Teamspeak (even without mics for some ppl).

burns1200 likes this.
  2. Bagline

Bagline Whitelisted Player

20-30 online at one time I think is the sweet spot. 50 gets chaotic, 10 or less feels like it's dying.

3. Zoram

Zoram Whitelisted Player

that is understandable. So is that your only objection to a larger number of players? Because it seems like an issue that is easily resolved. But what would I know? I've never had to figure such things out XD

BUt lets say we ended up with a bajillion people and we had like 50 people online at peak hours. What then? Would you just be kinda annoyed and just move on, or do something about it? I dunno, just snowballing a hypothetical here. I just don't want to see like no one online anymore and I'm really afraid that will happen again.

4. Piekiller

Piekiller Whitelisted Player

I would definitely come back on if there was more people. I feel like a lot of the community were ass hats though (Not going to point fingers) and were mean to new players. I was insulted a lot for every question I ever asked in chat. It got to the point where I was wondering why I even typed in chat? Just to be insulted? It was absolutely ridiculous and could not be supported on a larger scale which lead to the inevitable decline. That is what turned a lot of people off in my opinion. I don't think if the asshatering continues into the new server if it will do any better.

5. ElectroBot

You'll like the rules of the new server. Here's a sneak peak:
    • Be respectful and don’t annoy players.
    • Use common sense.

6. Piekiller

Isn't that the default rules if you type /rules on any server. Hahaha. I miss the days sitting on Ventrilo talking to all you guys.

7. ElectroBot

Not this server - http://godcraft.com/wiki/build-server-rules/ - It seems it had dozens upon dozens of rules. We'll also try to get more players to join and stay on our Teamspeak server so they see themselves as more a part of the community.

8. Piekiller

Yeah. Getting Minecraft players on teamspeak has always been a problem from what I have seen. I am sitting on the teamspeak if you want to talk to me. Haven't heard your voice in what 3 years?

9. Zoram

Zoram Whitelisted Player

I came to love Piekiller. But I will admit I(at least I think I did) started the whole "read the FAQ/rules" bullcrap and that kind of snowballed out of control...I think we SHOULD have an explicit rule that we should be be nice, and I'm glad Electro shared that rule. Because snarky and passive agressive comments shouldn't be tolerated. Likewise people egging someone on and trolling them into getting a negative response is a bad thing.

10. BearJew1986

BearJew1986 Whitelisted Player

I have not been on in a LONG time, mainly due to life stuff. I got a job that requires a lot of time away from home but the pay is well worth it. But I think that the new server, complete wipe, and new website thing could be really good for the community. Hopefully one day I can find the time to pop in every now and then, but i still pay attention to the forums. Good Luck guys!!

11. Piekiller

Zoram! I was so sad when you left because people trolled you out.

12. Zoram

Zoram Whitelisted Player

We all did things we regret. A fresh start is what everyone needs.

13. Dorkinator

Dorkinator Whitelisted Player

That's what happens you cultivate a community which is okay with being assholes to everyone.

14. vvenaya

vvenaya Whitelisted Player

sry for not reading previous 13 pages, but would this new build world (new start) be vanilla 1.6, or will there be build friendly mods (like carpender mod and such, or even some biome mods) ? (i assume GC aint doing a tech mod server again)

15. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member

We done lots of Tech Servers. Just no one plays. And we don't MOD a bukkit server as in force people to have mods or you would have the exact same issue. It would be vanilla minecraft with bukkit plugins.

16. vvenaya

That is very unfortunate. there are alot servers that do vanilla, yet so few BUILD servers that add BUILD friendly mods.
    Having slanted blocks (see carpenter mod) alone would be an amazing addition.

As for ppl being to lazy to run mods (through some launcher) to have a greater experience, screw them. They are the ones that will leave out of boredom anywayz

17. Kane

I would say 95% people will not even try the server with the need to download mods. The 5% who will say why not FTB and 95% of that 5% will not bother.

You can see the player count dropping pretty damn fast.

18. vvenaya

i guess you are quite right then ... with 99.9% of all players being retarded, MC will die a (slow) death.

Oh well, i'll play 1.6.2 SSP some, waiting for StarCitizen / X Rebirth / Elite Dangerous

;)

19. Kane

wtf... All 3 I have pre-ordered :p Sad how you and I are so alike. I have a server running now for 1.6.2... I invited people but it has GT only 2 people so far wanted to play.

20. ElectroBot

This kind of behaviour will be more frowned upon and Teamspeak is not immune this time especially since we're going to be encouraging ppl to join and stay on the Teamspeak server.