1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Notice: Godcraft is now 1000+ days old. I Think it's time for a change!

Discussion in 'Server & Site News' started by Kane, Jul 29, 2013.

?

So what would you like to see happen with Godcraft?

1. Fresh Start! New Site, New Forums, New Domain.

70.1%
  2. Let Godcraft Die in peace. Just let her fade away like she is now!

4.5%
  3. Take down build and start a new build like server?

25.4%
  1. Zoram

Zoram Whitelisted Player

You do realize all games eventually lose their playerbase right? People aren't retarded because they suddenly have newer games or other things vying for their time.

Besides, that type of things is honestly something most people wouldn't want to see when first joining a server or community. However once in, and if there is a big demand, that is the kind of thing that could happen once the players are already there.

2. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member

VV is right. We would not have so many issues if players were not so retarded.

3. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Head Moderator Staff Member

And the world would be all rainbows and icecream. Fuck that. There are different kinds of players and we just have to be more tolerant.

Agility_ likes this.
  4. Kun1z

Kun1z Whitelisted Player

Except StarCraft and Counter-Strike.

5. Kane

6. Dorkinator

Dorkinator Whitelisted Player

Kane pls

Edit: pls.

7. Kane

Should have said Edit: Oh Yeah Client Mod :p

8. Dorkinator

I know it is, but still pls. Minecraft theater.

9. Kane

I don't think his does that. Also there is one in the works. Though it's client mod. I was going to do this for future modded server and have a movie theater. But like mods Devs this persons taken way to long :p

10. Dorkinator

pls.

11. ElectroBot

We can't do it on a Vanilla/Bukkit server. That mod requires Forge and the mod to be installed on the server AND all clients. If we were to run another modded server in the future, we could consider it, but not on the build server which we need to allow vanilla clients to connect to.

12. GTA4rox08

GTA4rox08 Whitelisted Player

I may say this a lot, but I'm really excited for a new server and think I'll get something out of it since. It's been sad to watch Godcraft die. It's been almost three years, it's time for a change. I'm overseas right now bit I am back on Monday and will read into this more. Really don't have time to read all of these pages of posts on my phone. From what I understand, it's godcraft under a new name. New and improved?

13. ElectroBot

Yes and no. No more $10 donation for whitelist. 1 level of VIP. smaller map. PvE world. ...

14. GTA4rox08

Is the pve world going to be the main build world, or is there going to be a build world with god mode and no mobs too? Again, sorry.

15. ElectroBot

Its still not all decided, but quite a few ppl who posted in this thread wanted main world to be PvE.

16. GTA4rox08

Ah. I could live with that, would take a lot of getting used to after 3 years on a non pve build server though. :p. Thanks for all your help. I look forward to getting involved in this when I get back to Canada.

17. Bagline

Bagline Whitelisted Player

I'm sure something like this may have been proposed already, but I can't be bothered to read back to find it.

We could add a level of gameplay to server features where you "unlock" them by (... I have to say it) paying the iron price... or maybe more appropriately the stone price for the stone legion.

We could maybe unlock the nether, or end, or different continents by "contructing" a portal. (collecting a lot of resources)

Unlocking a pvp zone by collecting a certain number of mob heads.

Unlocking the dynmap by building and completing the first structure of a specific size.

Edit: Unlock horse spawns by collecting a certain amount of wheat.

Some sort of MMO style progression for the server.

GTA4rox08 and ElectroBot like this.
  18. Bagline

Bagline Whitelisted Player

For those unaware, Kooj is directing a machinema in minecraft. We will need help filming this weekend. Details in my signature.

Edit: You have to be logged in to see my signature btw.

19. Beatdownjack

Beatdownjack Whitelisted Player

So I have a question. The $10 whitelist fee was in place to, among other things, discourage griefers and cheaters, correct? Now, with this new server being free, what measures will be put in place to again combat such players?

20. ElectroBot

Anti-grief plugins are way more advanced now. Logblock lets us keep a log of all block break/place, rollbacks can be done if a grief occurs, etc. We're also considering a anti-build plugin for player vaults where when they place it only they, maybe other authorized users can enter the vault area/place/break blocks in it.