1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!
    Dismiss Notice

GodCraft News Network

Discussion in '[BS] - Media' started by keirhan, Feb 12, 2012.

?

Will you find this to be a useful feature?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    84.8%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. keirhan

keirhan Whitelisted Player

That's right you read that right.

ok so I've been playing around with this idea for a few weeks now, and have finally brought it into a feasible idea.
    From now on my Video of the week wont be a video exploring the world. I'll leave that to @Kooj, But will infact be a weekly godcraft news update.

All my planning has brought me to this point:
    There will be primarily 5 showcases.
    1. General important news update's - this will inform people of important GC new such as updates and new server mods etc.
    2. Sport's - that's right The GSL has a place here :)
    3. Project's - this will cover new projects that show promise such as Valra, Imardin, as well as older projects to give them a boost such as Moria and Camelot.
    4. Obituaries - this is for those members that have left that week voluntarily
    5. Bans - This will include any notable perma-ban's for that week and any notable bans which people should take note of.

There are also possible inclusions such as debates over bans and problems arising in the server, such as undercutting. as well as any advertisements for towns and projects, this will also include any messages that @Kane may want to let people know of.

2. ColtonisWright

ColtonisWright Whitelisted Player

I thought it's frowned upon to discuss bans in public?

3. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member

news is news. We ask people to be mature and stay out of ban threads and make chat about people who sort of get banned. But saying so and so was caught duping and if you have any tips report it to crime stoppers lmao..

It really depends how mature of a community we really have.

ColtonisWright likes this.
  4. ColtonisWright

ColtonisWright Whitelisted Player

Well said.

5. keirhan

the entire idea of the bans thig was to be like sosn and so was banned for duping by kane thanx for the $10 and there is a reason we have to rules. i would also cover bans that deserve people to take note such as dreamz's band for the chat problems when there were no mods on sort of a you may think they are not watching but they are.

6. keirhan

7. keirhan

8. McLag

McLag Whitelisted Player

Hehe, it just starts to rain at the end. Good job keep it up.

keirhan likes this.
  9. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member

Nice work. If you keep it up and also write articles each week I might consider open news section for ya :)

10. McLag

McLag Whitelisted Player

Hitting it big is the terms ;)

11. burns1200

burns1200 Well-Known Member

Might I suggest going around to different events (ie Spleef) and using that as a back ground or even projects?

12. McLag

McLag Whitelisted Player

*cough* EP *cough*

13. bamv9

bamv9 Whitelisted Player

I voted wrong how do I redo my answer?

14. keirhan

NOTICE TO ALL FANS: due to multiple technical difficulties this weeks episode will be delayed and replaced with a feature length when we get back up and running. i have also purchased a new mic for the show so the mic issues should now be resolved.

WE ARE STILL IN NEED OF AN INTRO!

and keep an eye on this thread for articals to appear as i write them over the day.

that's all from me!

Keirhan OUT!

15. keirhan

First article's and this week i look at the future of Godcraft and the games that may replace minecraft:

For all members of Godcraft the game that brought us together is at the centre of all of our hearts. Of course I'm on about Minecraft. This simple yet addictive game has sent us to insanity and back as we attempt to outdo each other in building design and farms. Our ever present purpose to complete some of the more epic builds of the server, give us a name and reputation to be proud of around the internet with multiple areas of the worlds being found in a simple Google search.
    However the future of godcraft is not necessarily in Minecraft. we have seen the beginnings of this already with Skyrim, EVE and Star Wars all catching our interest. Yet as a community we have stayed together and even enjoyed these as a collective. Remember the Star Wars and Skyrim journals?
    So what is the future? Well here is the GCNN breakdown on the possible next games to sweep the server and capture or imagination in bigger and more imaginative ways.

Brick-Force [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Brick-world is a FPS with a difference. In most of the worlds recent previous big seller FPS's (Halo 3, Reach) there has been the ability to adapt levels slightly, Moving gun spawns and player spawns as well as creating levels from relatively nothing. However brick world moves this to an entirely new level being able to create ANY map you can imagine and then fight on it. as the FyreUK server did this previous weekend (See video) This unique and impressive take on the FPS world really does show promise for servers like Godcraft and the community involved, satisfying both the lust to kill stuff and the creativity found in all members of GC.

However it does still need some work. The building process can be slow and laborious meaning that many members could lose interest and move back to MC. The possibility that the maps maybe hosted on the creators server only, also raises questions and worries as to the stability and possibly mods being applied to maps, If any exist. Other problems for people also include the overly cartoony nature of the textures meaning that you could never have any really realistic feeling builds with other issues such as music this game feels like a child's game made for adults which kind of ruins the game in general. Other questions I'd like to raise, For one would it be possible to use Minecraft textures? Or will there be other textures available, The default textures can easily get boring very quickly.

In conclusion I believe that with work this could become a very good game, However enough to replace MC? I do not believe so. If there was a world to explore then maybe but in the state it looks to be released in? No. The GCNN verdict? Overall I'd give this 2/5 Diamond chance of replacing Minecraft, I can see this more becoming a side game to enjoy when one particular build in GC has become boring or dull.

Cube World [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    That right we are onto yet another MC replacement. Cube world which is still in heavy Development has to be the GCNN's fadeout looking upcoming game to replace or even work alongside Minecraft, with the blocky textures keeping with the current cube feel too simple computer games currently on the market.
    This simple game CAN be played with friends on a server with all quests open to be completed co-operatively however as of yet there is an unknown on the number of possible players etc, however this In-Dev game shows real promise to the community. The forums were buzzing with this when it was raised by Kane on the front page showing that there is real promise from this community. The quests and actual game play also feel really nice putting the player into the good ol' fashioned 3'rd person view to play the game. The map and health bars seem a bit small and big respectively, but do clearly state the amount of health, manna and stamina you have as well as your position on a 3d level. the ability to build and adapt weapons also seems to be a unique feature with the shape seemingly able to change to your whim. The sheer fluidity of the character in battle is a nice concept. Especially for a character only 50 odd pixels in height and the same wide.

However there are still issues, while it does hark back to Minecraft it is NOT Minecraft and as such epic building designs seem to be a bit few and far between with modular construction instead. There are also issues surrounding the actual release. While it has been announced it will be released I feel it will not receive a fan base as large as Minecraft, purely for the reason that it was not released early with slow consecutive and useful updates making the game "better and better with each update" as put by a dear friend.

As such I believe that this game has real potential, However we are yet to see it live up to its potential as a PVP game with large scale server testing needed and another testing release to be released for a decision to be made. Overall this game receives a 4/5 diamonds from me just for the hope of seeing this game become either as big as if not bigger than Minecraft.

And they are the only real game I thought I will cover in this week's future update. if anyone has any suggestions please send them in a PM to either bear or myself. thanks for reading Keirhan OUT!

EDIT: Big thanks to @jcup24 for the diamond images.

featherblade2 and McLag like this.
  16. keirhan

Minecraft would be pretty boring without the different modifications (Mods) you can make to your client, am I right? The ability to add different GUI's and things such as a mini map (Basic for most RPG's) and convenient inventory make our lives' easier and more fun in Minecraft as a whole.
    so which ones should you choose? Well on Godcraft, Many of the moderators have released their own version of the Minecraft client with their own pick of mods and add-ons. With the common mods coming through as the godcraft favourites so here are our top 5.

5 - Mc-Patcher [​IMG]
    MC Patcher has to be one of the most useful client modifications you will find on the internet. Why?
    Because it allows you to change to more HD textures like 32x32 64x64 and more even ranging up to the 500x500 realistic (There is one out there somewhere). This one simple reason means it makes our top 5 for this week.

Found in Electro's and GTA's Client's

4 - Optifine [​IMG]
    Optifine has had many names in its time and it now covers all processor types (including core's) in its mission to make Minecraft run more smoothly. However having said that, This is not a texture pack modification as such, as well as helping to run the game more smoothly FPS wise, It also helps with removing some of the idiocies put in by Mojang (Bedrock void fog) this has made it one of the most used modifications for all Minecraft players.

3 - Improved chat [​IMG]
    Ok so this is mainly aimed at those who play on server's a lot. However it is a very useful mod for anyone wanting to keep on top of any gossip you missed while you went to the loo. This one simple mod allows you to scroll through the chat in a multiplayer server. It also supports a basic copy and paste feature allowing you to copy in a web address etc. This mod shows real potential and really should be incorporated into the game by Mojang. But only time will tell.

2 - Convenient inventory [​IMG]
    From my point of view this has to be one of the most useful mods I have EVER come across. Allowing shortcuts to moving items in your storage, With the simple click of a button you can move your entire log harvest into your log chest in seconds rather than up to 2 minutes. This really cuts some of the time out of playing the game. This mod also allows you to automatically sort your chest with the click of a button, with a new inbuilt GUI button which appears in the top right of your chest window.

1 - Rei's mini map [​IMG]
    This is our number one. This simple mod was the first I EVER had, and I've gone through a lot in my time. since its discovery it has swept the server with nearly all active players using the mod to give themselves coordinates and information. The inbuilt cave function and mob direction button (which are disabled on GC) gives the player everything they will ever need to know in one corner of their screen. If you don't download and install the rest of the other mods, you really should download this one to assist you in ways you can't yet imagine.

And that's the GCN's review of our current favorite mods for you today. Stay tuned for more!
    Keirhan OUT!!!

GTA4rox08 likes this.
  17. Piekiller

Piekiller Whitelisted Player

Can I apply to be a reporter? If so what do you need to know in my application so I can cover everything. I would like to write short spotlight articles and make timelapses/cinematic views of events maybe short commentaries if needed.

18. keirhan

We were looking for one other player actually. i would like to see a sample of your work though. cuold you please make a short video about a story that happened in the weak and write an artical for it. with any luck you will be accepted. however you will be a reporter and not an anchor. that sound good?

19. Piekiller

Piekiller Whitelisted Player

Sounds great. Any specific event you want me to cover?

20. JuiceHead

JuiceHead Whitelisted Player

I'd actually be quite interested in providing video reviews for the mods. I could do a individual video for each mod and make a more lengthy review.

keirhan likes this.