1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!
    Dismiss Notice

GodCraft News Network

Discussion in '[BS] - Media' started by keirhan, Feb 12, 2012.

?

Will you find this to be a useful feature?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    84.8%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. Togeh

Togeh Whitelisted Player

Is it just me or does anyone else think 'Duckling' around Daking ? :eek:

2. keirhan

keirhan Whitelisted Player

So ive [ut togetyher a video that i suggest you guys listen too and give me your thoughts. i cover my excusses for being away as well as where i want GC to go. etc. etc.

3. featherblade2

featherblade2 Whitelisted Player

I tbh like all of the ideas. TIMELAPSE, TIMELAPSE! Unfortunately my ones will be a while as my fraps in corrupted :mad:. And I have no way to pay for a new copy due to paypal being stoopid. Yet I have enough money URGH!

/end of rant that I somehow made all about ME!

4. aliparpar

aliparpar Whitelisted Player

We need creations videos like what Kane is doing sometimes on IC . For build now so that it can get some popularity as well. Not just IC (I like IC as well but I hate to see build not getting the attention it deserves).
    Maybe like you or Kane filming and going around with a mod/headmod and explore the new builds in that week or month and Talk about anything and troll each other
    (Usual fun stuff we do on vent) .

Any-time limit would be fine. Although , I prefer the full-time 1 hour creations videos :)

Maybe also have a thread where ppl can submit their projects for creations videos entry.
    Or we can have a mod to be a creations moderator and keep himself up to date with the current trend of buildings and make reports for Kane or you to put in the creations videos.

Keep the ban news. Keep the projects of the week.

Add thumbnails at the end of the videos (ENDING) that would let viewers view other episodes. (Well , it acts as a good ending as well)

Here Example :
    http://www.godcraft.com/threads/kan...ode-1-newbie-power-activate.10594/#post-75820

P/S : Also note that you might not be able to post your client on the forums . Talk to a mod about this first .

http://www.godcraft.com/threads/only-mods-can-post-clients.9903/

Mista_Tubby likes this.
  5. keirhan

sounds good ali, the only problem is with some of your suggestions it adds to the moderators work load, :/ the projects thread is definitely a good idea though.

i was also gonna ask YOU if you wanted a section for your ali's music or what ali likes or somat?

what do other people think of this idea?

6. keirhan

OK So i've been thinking about this all day and alot of it is still open for debate. but this is what i see the GCN becoming for it's return.

General News - This is definitely staying as this includes all major forum news. this will include things such as updates and modships, any new server mod's, as well as a look into the forums into some threads like moria updates and some of the funny videos posted on the forums. (might go RWJish with these)

Industrial News - Of course i cant just focus on main build all the time SO there will be an industrial news video/segment. this will include subjects like the industrial city, mod removals and additions to the server. as well as a look into projects as normal.

Project of the week - This is Staying forever im going to continue to do this over both server's so there will be an industrial one and a build one. - looking into going round with the builder or other members

Godcraft Spleef League - the GSL will definitely continue to be covered (after a revamp and a look into the points system) im also looking to employ a member to record every week, INCLUDING WHAT COMMENTARY THERE IS PM for more details.

Bans - it seems people like seeing a bans video, but it might still become a ticker bar across the bottom of the screen.

Extra Content - this is where i really want to appeal to you guys with extra content, so mabey a section for ALI to show of his new song's or w/e else (YOU DECIDE HERE) other idea's include Pro building Tips &tricks - Good ways to build to get the most out of your land, as well as anything else you want.

Comment question of the week - yes i know alot of people do thin on youtube most notably RWJ but i think i might do this to see what people reply and say etc.

Social Network Integration - GCN will be having a facebook, twitter and google plus for you guys to keep ontop of stories as they begin - Idea's Good/Bad?

so if your still reading here thanks and please leave any comments and idea's

EDIT
    im also looking for 2 members who are willing to do video segments etc for the GCN please PM for more details.

7. keirhan

aliparpar likes this.
  8. aliparpar

NICE JOB!

9. keirhan

thanks took forever to get it lined up properly though:/im working on an intro to the news as well as a godcraft add thing. as well as a animated corner logo for the name of the reporter.

10. featherblade2

Hey keirhan, you planning on making more videos. The only reason build is so called "dead" is because of the would be players mentallity to think that it is un-fashionable to play on it when it's still fun.

(Time to copy and paste a previous comment) Come online then! Have some fun, the only reason people don't play on build anymore is that they have the mental picture that it's "dead" and it's un-fashionable to play on it. This is not true, I'm constantly on build; mining, building, singing to myself in chat. It never get's old! So come on!

It would be awesome if you could please make some new videos or come online sometime!

11. keirhan

featherblade2
    @anyone else who cares
    I would like to do more videos and coverage of Godcraft however in the 2 weeks i was away i got 8 updates and not that much happened. ATM the server is quiet and so there is not as much activity. also Minecraft is becoming an old thing atm, its still an enjoyable game however other games have caught my attention of late such as Saints Row 3, Anno 2070 and Europa Universalis 3. so while the server is quiet i will aim to do more project videos and i will bring the news back as soon as interest peaks again.
    if people enjoy my video format anyway i will begin covering different games, i'm also focusing on some mix's and remix's on my channel as well as other interests so to keep on top of that subscribe to the channel and see what crops up.

i aim to be back on in the next few weeks once i have secured a job etc for the summer.

featherblade2 likes this.
  12. featherblade2

Thanks for the update!

13. keirhan

UPDATE: Well i did try and restart the GC News today however for some reason YouTube is not allowing me to upload videos longer than 15 minutes. so ATM I've hit a wall, i don't particularly want to start a new YouTube channel so we'll have to see.

14. keirhan

More Artwork for the return of the series. featherblade2 burns1200 aliparpar

so i've been playing with some new ideas and have settled on video format and invideo menues (jazzy i know)

so how will this work? well this first image is the corner and main logo for general news. (tell me what you think.)
    [​IMG]

this second image is where bans will be hosted. there will be a short bounce section at the begining of the bans section so if you want to jump to a particular ban all you need to do is click on the corresponding cell. for example if the first ban is for something minor but there is a mojor one further along that you wish to see you simply click on the cell that player is in. neat right?
    [​IMG]

dont ask bout the black imgur put it there for some reason.

other than that what do you guys think? liking the new art for the series? i promise i will attempt to bring back the series as soon as possible, i just want to get things like this artwork done first so all i need to do each week is record the produce.
    keirhan OUT!

15. featherblade2

Great job, much awaited for. Great news too! I really enjoy your videos so... YAYAYAYYYYYY.

16. burns1200

burns1200 Well-Known Member

I like it. Now, upload something!

17. featherblade2

Maybe upload something in the next 10 minutes? Or a daily video! Yes that would be great! But I do realise that you can't do that so, looking forward to the next one!

18. aliparpar

Great quality work up there ^

19. keirhan

What ive been working on today.
    Video of the week
    [​IMG]
    Project of the week
    [​IMG]
    Bans(Reupload)
    [​IMG]
    Top "jump" bar
    [​IMG]

BearJew1986 (thought you might like to see your immortalised project)

20. featherblade2

Nice! Keep up the good work!