1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Godcraft Spleef League

Discussion in '[BS] - Projects' started by Kooj, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Kooj

Kooj Whitelisted Player

[​IMG]

Next Event: Saturday (February 4)
    @ 6pm EST.

Entry fee: 100c (FFA), 300c (1v1)
    Event location will rotate weekly.
    BE THERE!

* See below for rules and additional info.
    * If you wish to become a part of the GSL and/or have your project host an event,
    talk to Kooj and start planning on building an arena.

======================================================================

GSL Committee
    Creator/President___________________Kooj
    Broadcaster_______________________RubtheRipper
    Commentator _____________________iamracecar

GSL Affiliates:
    - Reef____________________________Build, 6k South (new east)
    - Race's Acres _____________________Build, 5k West (new south)
    - Eastern Plantation _________________Build, 6k East (new north)
    - Camelot _________________________Build, 1k North (new west)
    - Narssius_________________________Build, 6k West (new south)
    - Woodholme______________________Build 2, 1700 West
    - Staghorn ________________________Build 2
    - Phi_____________________________Build, 8k North (new west)
    - Fennin__________________________Build, 6500 South (new east)

[​IMG]
    _____GSL Event_____
    Event Structure:

GSL events will be held every Saturday evening EST. Competitors are encouraged to arrive at the host arena at least 10 minutes prior to start. Location of the event will rotate between GSL affiliates.

A GSL committee member or moderator must be present at the event to monitor the competition and ensure that rules are upheld. In the unlikely case that a GSL committee member or moderator cannot attend the event, it will be postponed or rescheduled.

All participants must use Ventrilo for match announcements and countdowns. No vent, no participation!

GSL events will consist of a free for all match and a 1v1 single-elimination tournament. In order to participate, a pre-determined entry fee must be paid to the person hosting the event. CREDITS ONLY, NO DIAMONDS. Rewards will be divided up from the entry fee pools (plus any donations) as follows:
    - FFA: winner takes all
    - 1v1 tourney: 50% to 1st, 30% to 2nd, and 20% to 3rd.

Spleefers will be awarded points based on their attendance and performance at GSL events. Work your way to the top of the list as one of Godcraft's top spleefers! You can only obtain points from 1v1 tournaments. (for now)
    - Tournament participation ~ 1 point
    - Winning a match ~ 1 point
    - 3rd Place ~ 1 point
    - 2nd Place ~ 2 points
    - 1st Place ~ 3 points

Match Rules:

* Failure to adhere to any of the following rules will result in a match disqualification.
    - Do not move/break blocks until the match begins. Players are allowed ONE false start.
    - Do not create blocks during a match.
    - EXCEPTION: If players are unable to affect each other, then the players may create a block or two.
    - Teleporting outside the playing field (/warp, disconnection, etc.) during a match is prohibited.
    - Specific arena guidelines must be followed (ex. What tools to use).

* Failure to adhere to any of the following rules may result in a temporary ban from future events. Also, these rules will be held on the same level as project rules (meaning temporary server ban if broken).
    - Do not destroy or create blocks after you have lost, or are not participating.
    - Do not return to the playing field after you have lost.
    - Do not enter the playing field if you are not a part of the match.
    - Demonstrate good sportsmanship. Do not troll or put down your opponent. Do not rage after losing a match.
    - Do not grief the arena in any way.

Tubatum, rubtheripper and borninla like this.
  2. ColtonisWright

ColtonisWright Whitelisted Player

I love Spleef.
    I remember Spleefing in New Rome and Evertree

doublenum likes this.
  3. msu957

msu957 Whitelisted Player

Gonna be fun :)

4. jcup24

jcup24 Whitelisted Player

Coming soon to Camelot!

Edit: I would suggest using netherrack as it is really easy to break!

5. Billdew

Billdew Whitelisted Player

I dont know about the final answer on this bur Iamracecar and i might bring this to Race's Acre's :)

6. IamRacecaR

IamRacecaR Whitelisted Player

The location has already been accepted for a few weeks from now, pending the completion of the arena and subway.

7. Kooj

Kooj Whitelisted Player

* Added the Event Structure and Rules to the original post *

Will add more information on specifics for tomorrow's event and how to become a part of the GSL after I go for a run and do some errands.

8. IamRacecaR

Might as well add Race's Acres @ 5k West to the affilliates, or perhaps a "future play site" list.

9. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Head Moderator Staff Member

Special event Idea:

Spleef while riding pigs

This would have have to take place within PvP so an arena would have to be built within the mob protection zone and rules might have to be altered for the duration of the event, but would be fun to have an added challenge while spleefing.

bennerkaj likes this.
  10. Kooj

Kooj Whitelisted Player

Spleef is still on for tonite! I had to work all day, then my family locked me out of my house, and now they are dragging me off to some dinner, so the event will have to be postponed a few hours. New time is 8pm EST. I hope that this is not an inconvenience to anyone. Thank you for understanding and see you there.

11. msu957

msu957 Whitelisted Player

What kind of shovel should we bring?

12. ColtonisWright

ColtonisWright Whitelisted Player

I can't come, eating dinner with my Grandparents.

Sorry :[

13. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Head Moderator Staff Member

Most likely stone tools will be provided.

14. IamRacecaR

Since Kooj hasn't done this yet, I figured I might as well.

Race's Acres is next in the rotation to host the spleef tournament and have some information and a couple questions for the participants:

--Information--
    In order to get to the Acres, you can either walk to ~4900 west, or take the subway to the west 4k station and transfer to my terminal on the northwest corner, which will dump you at my front gate. To get to the arena, simply follow the signs and the gravel road.

--Questions--
    Firstly, what time do you guys prefer? 5EST or 8EST? I asked the server players and 8 was the popular vote, but I figured I'd ask again to get everyones opinion.

Secondly, should we have a repeat of last week? Free for all then regular tournament? Or should we mix it up, perhaps with team FFA, or otherwise?

Other than this, things will go pretty much how it went last week. I suggest arriving 10-15 minutes prior to ensure registration and such goes smoothly.

More information and field rules will be added to this post later.

Hope to see you at the next GSL event!
    - RacecaR

15. IamRacecaR

Ok, so here are some arena rules that everyone should be aware of:
    --Gameplay--
    -Players must stay within their starting area until the game begins.
    -If a player falls through, they are to immediately find the lift sign and exit the play area (for large player games).
    -There is a stone ledge running along the entire edge of the field, but may not be used unless players are unable to affect one another.
    -You are not allowed to build unless you can not affect the other player, even with the use of the stone ledge.
    -You are not allowed to dig while standing on the stone ledge.
    --Miscellaneous--
    -Tools will be provided
    -If a team game will be played, I will provide iron/gold helmets for the players to use, but a security deposit of 150c will be required. The deposit will be refunded upon return of the helmets.
    -Feel free to bring your own helmets to avoid the hassel.
    Depending on how smoothly the tournament goes (IE how many places my head is at any given time) you may or my not be given your winnings until after the tournament is concluded.

If you have any further questions, feel free to shoot me a pm.
    -RacecaR

16. IamRacecaR

Will there be spleef today?

17. Kooj

Kooj Whitelisted Player

Oh yes! Sorry I forgot to post... again >_>

* event notice updated! *

18. Anardion

Anardion Whitelisted Player

Spleef is awesome! I'll definitely be building a Spleef Arena in Geldar, and when our city has grown bigger and the arena is finished, we'd also like to perhaps host a game sometime. :)

19. lord_kruor

lord_kruor Whitelisted Player

Should go around the world hosting events in different Arena's. Actually make use of some of them for a change ;)

20. SudoHF

SudoHF Whitelisted Player

The Phi Spleef arena will be functional by the next tournament. :D

Also, can this Saturday's tournament be no earlier than last week's?

Thanks,
    -Sudo.