1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Halo: Ark Citadel

Discussion in '[BS] - Projects' started by Zeazonal, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Zeazonal

Zeazonal Whitelisted Player

Halo: Ark Citadel
    Location: -2360, 64, -4160 <----This site is no longer within the boundaries of Build2.​
    Plot Size: 200x200​
    Project Designer/Overseer: Zeazonal​
    Having played the Halo series additively over the years, I, like many others, was struck by the fantastical architecture of the Forerunners. Though there have been many, many spectacular Forerunner buildings in the series, my all time favorite was the Citadel of the Ark, also known as the firing room or Ark control room.​

I am still in the process of finalizing the design of the building, but I shall post what I have thus far. I also have an estimated land plot size and approximate materials cost. If you are interested in working on this project the headquarters is located at the above coordinates (the Eastern Iceland). Just post and message me for access to it.​

Materials:​
    Smooth Sandstone: +7000​
    Sandstone Half Slabs: +2000​
    Stone Brick: +7000​
    Stone Half Slabs: +30​
    Stone Brick Half Slabs: +2000​
    Obsidian: +200​
    Glass: +200​
    Snow: As much as possible​
    Participants:
    Auvreaeath
    Collinopolis
    Heulfryn
    Zeazonal

ACR5.jpg AC1.PNG ACR4.jpg AC2.PNG ACR1.jpg

JuiceHead, Jim_Jam94 and aliparpar like this.
  2. aliparpar

aliparpar Whitelisted Player

Holy crap! Have you designed them by MSP, layer by layer? What are the sizes? Those are huge!

3. Zeazonal

Yeah, I used MSP. Though it's not quite finished, I estimate that it will be 150x150 width and depth. I'm not sure about the height just yet. I wanted to know if anyone else is interested in building prior to me finishing the plan.

4. heulfryn

heulfryn Whitelisted Player

I will help out.

5. Jim_Jam94

Jim_Jam94 Whitelisted Player

I'm an avid Halo fan, has been my favourite game for a decade, and I have to say, this looks awesome dude! Have you got any plans to make the top part of the Citadel a bit taller? I think that's all it's really missing!

6. keirhan

keirhan Whitelisted Player

this looks awesome. will you be building it in a snow/mountain biome?

7. Zeazonal

I'm still finalizing the design. I need to do special engravings into the sides of the main diagonal pylon, the cap, and the interior.

Yep, the location has already been pick. Though, I plan to establish a strip mine of the nearby desert biome to the South.

8. Zoram

Zoram Whitelisted Player

so long as it isn't going to get ruined by minecraft's awful low ceiling cap. The max height from sea level is like another 62 blocks up.

9. GTA4rox08

GTA4rox08 Whitelisted Player

Looks really great, can't wait to see it on GC.

10. SimenS

SimenS Whitelisted Player

Didn't Jeb say that he would increase it?

11. Zoram

Zoram Whitelisted Player

they have been considering it for a long time, how to increase the height without it causing too much strain. I don't think it is high on the priority list since players have been going along fine with the current low ceiling, but I hope it gets worked on at some point.

12. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Head Moderator Staff Member

If Jeb does raise the ceiling limit I'm willing to bet that we'll use a plugin/setting to disable it as it will cause more chunks to be loaded by the server to be sent to the client (AKA more lag).

13. Zoram

Zoram Whitelisted Player

my thoughts exactly. They really need to optimize the code, its gotten sloppier and sloppier and no attempts to make it more stream lined.

14. aliparpar

aliparpar Whitelisted Player

Can you just disable the loading of the chunks that are above 128 until player reaches a certain point that ground chunks unloads and those chunks are loaded? Do you understand what I'm saying? Or am I being foreign :p?

15. Zeazonal

Makes sense, but as of yet I have already taken into account the height limitations. I purposefully scaled the Citadel down so the the cap wouldn't hinder construction. However, we will probably need to dig down quite a fair bit.

16. Zeazonal

Starting construction or our train station. Thanks to amingley for the mining assistance.

17. Zeazonal

I need a bit of help laying down the rails. I don't quite understand how to use Minecart Mania. I have the tunnel nearly finished and the materials need. Would anyone be interested in helping?

18. GTA4rox08

GTA4rox08 Whitelisted Player

This video should help. I looked for the one Shaostoul made a while ago about Minecart mania but I couldn't find it, hopefully this helps.

19. Jim_Jam94

Jim_Jam94 Whitelisted Player

Is this still an ongoing thing? It'd be a shame if it wasn't because we'll soon have a world height of 256, instead of 128

JuiceHead and keirhan like this.
  20. Zoram

Zoram Whitelisted Player

necro all the abandoned project threads to revive!