1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!

How Much fps would i get?

Discussion in '[BS] - General Talk' started by DuhYes, Jun 18, 2013.

1. DuhYes

DuhYes New Member

Hi so im getting a PC soon and i would like to know what FPS would i get on minecraft on max settings, and i would also like to know on 512texturepack with shaders.

Motherboard: ASus gen 3 sabertoth
    CPU: AMD 8350 8core 4.0ghz
    GPU: AMD RADEON HD 7970 MSI SUPERCLOCKED(1.05ghz)
    RAM: 8GB 4x2 1866 Mhz

2. burns1200

burns1200 Well-Known Member

@Billdew is our resident computer builder. He should know.

3. DuhYes

DuhYes New Member

thanks i just want to know if i get like 500fps so i could run shaders, i just want to know how much fps i get(normal minecrafT) and with shaders!

4. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member

You can get 200-400 FPS with Optifine and lets say not full view distances and some other changes. But overall crappy or best video card you are going to feel other issues when comes to Minecraft just because how bad the rendering system is.

Reason I said 200-400 is because really depends on so many factors.

5. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Head Moderator Staff Member

If I were you I'd avoid texture packs over 128/256. They waste too much RAM/GPU without providing much benefit.

Make sure you get 64bit Windows and 64bit Java to be able to utilize 2-6GB of RAM for MC.

Shaders are an easy way to drop your FPS significantly. I'd only recommend using them for videos/pictures.

And as Kane stated your FPS can vary. I usually get (on a GTX 560) 250-350 on a normal terrain but have gotten over 1,000 in a void world. Modded servers I've had 60-120 within a few days of play when machines are set-up.

6. Billdew

Billdew Whitelisted Player

Fps with minecraft is quite weird. For example, I have 2 GTX 570's. I get around 200-300 on default. But at times my fps (Along with electro's) Is even or better than kanes. It really depends. But i would say 200+. Anything beyond 70 shouldn't be a concern since most monitors stop at 60 HZ.

7. burns1200

I have a RADEON HD 6450 and I've been known to get just under 200 on lowest settings.

8. DuhYes

DuhYes New Member

If i get, GTX 780,770 or radeon 7970 can it run shaders 70FPS+

9. Billdew

Billdew Whitelisted Player

definitely yes.

10. GTA4rox08

GTA4rox08 Whitelisted Player

i never realized that there were new nvidia cards out. I know what I'm buying this summer :D

11. DuhYes

DuhYes New Member

How about the radeon amd 7950? Can it run max shaders 60fps plus?

12. Jommastafibb

Jommastafibb Whitelisted Player

yup

13. DuhYes

DuhYes New Member

How about nvidia gtx 760, or radeon 7850, will it run max shaders 60fps also?

14. DuhYes

DuhYes New Member

Can the radeon 7850 or 7790 handle 512texturepack max shaders 60fps all times?

15. burns1200

16. DuhYes

DuhYes New Member

17. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Head Moderator Staff Member

Maybe, maybe not given that those are mid-range or low-end of the mid-range cards. You should be directing these questions to the Minecraft Forum threads regarding shaders as they should be able to answer you with more definitive answers.