1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I keep getting kicked.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Neolidiyum, May 20, 2012.

1. Neolidiyum

Neolidiyum Whitelisted Player

Hello , I have a very strange problem, whenever I connect I am able to stay online for about a minute. Then I get kicked, but before I get kicked I lag out( Like someone pulled the Ethernet cord) I can't do anything. Then I get kicked. This began about 2-3 days ago, I was playing then I noticed I can't destroy any blocks/ open chest/ load chunks. Then I get kicked ( as if the server shut down) I was talking to my friend over skype he was also playing on the server but nothing happened to him. So I login again and after 20min I get kicked again the same way. I try again now I get kicked after 5min. Then 1min. So I re install the client. I was able to stay on for about 7min and then got kicked again. Then went down to about 1min. Now the second I login I cant do anything and get kicked only after a few seconds. My computer was filed with junk and I was in need of a reformat and I thought this was the perfect time. After doing so I was again able to play for about 20min and got kicked. My internet is really good and I never go bellow 700fps I really don't know what it is. My friend who lives 5min from me is able to play fine. I get around 2/mbs upload speed 70/mbs download speed and ping of 12. Has anyone else had this problem? What can I do to fix it? Please help me I really want to play on the server again!

2. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Head Moderator Staff Member

Go to your friend's place and try to play on your account or get your friend to try to play on his account at your place.

3. trennal_allen

trennal_allen Whitelisted Player

its your isp, I had the same problem with Comcast, till they reran the cable from the pole to the house.

4. Neolidiyum

Yeah he was able to play on my account on his computer without getting kicked. But while he was playing on my account he saw generators that I placed not too long ago but he didn't see them while he was on his account, now he can see them on both accounts so I dont know if that was human error. Also I tried logging on with his account on my computer and still got kicked.

5. Neolidiyum

I dont think its my ISP, they havent done any work on my internet or my cables for over a year now. And I was able to play fine a about a week ago.

6. burns1200

burns1200 Well-Known Member

Your ISP could not like the port.

7. Neolidiyum

It just started a few days ago, and I was fine before.

8. ElectroBot

A lot can go wrong in just a few minutes. Test your account at yor friend's house. If you're able to play fine then either you have an issue with your computer or your ISP. If you're not able to play at your frind's place, then you've got an issue with your plot on the IC server.

9. Neolidiyum

Yes I am able to play at my friends house and he lives on the same plot as me and he doesn't have any problems.

10. ElectroBot

There you go. You've just ruled out Godcraft's server or your account as a potential source of problem. Its either your ISP's problem, your computer or the software on the computer.

11. Neolidiyum

What do you suggest I do?

12. ElectroBot

If possible take your computer to your friends and test it there on his internet connection. If not, then maybe get him to bring his to your place.

13. Neolidiyum

Is definitely not the computer, I built this one about 3 weeks ago and I reformatted it yesterday.

14. aliparpar

aliparpar Whitelisted Player

It's your ISP or firewall probably . BlueDragon140 has kind of the same problem and he can't play on Godcraft at all. Since his ISP blocks Minecraft outgoing ports or has limitations.
    He can play however from my house.

Can you play on other(Non-Godcraft) servers without any problems?

15. Neolidiyum

It happens on every server and I tried with 2 different account's.

16. aliparpar

Then I'm definitely sure the problem is with your ISP or firewall.

17. Neolidiyum

Yeah same but I haven't changed my firewall settings in months. I tried to allow 25565 through my firewall today I was unable to do it. I can allow any other port tho. The port I use for Utorrent works fine and is open but when I try to do it for minecraft it just wont let me. Do you have any suggestions I cant play on any server.

18. aliparpar

Try to login to your router and see if there are any options that allows ports. It's usually 192.168.1.1 .
    Search online for default login passwords depending on your ISP.

Then see if you can add 25565 to allowed ports. If not , then contact your ISP and talk to them.

My friend was using a University ISP , that's why he had the same problem as yours. When he contacted them , they said they have blocked the port for security reasons and they won't unblock it just because he wants to play minecraft on it.

19. Neolidiyum

Yeah When I try to open it in my firewall It doesnt do anything I used " You Get Signal" to test if its open and it seems Its not, I can open other ports and it will tell me there are open.

I contacted my ISP, ( Rogers ) and they said the are not blocking any ports. Does anyone else have this problem while on Rogers?

20. Bagline

Bagline Whitelisted Player

Just some other checks you can do:

See if the modem has it's own built in router/firewall services. I had a DSL modem that would remove my router from it's DMZ everytime I rebooted the router. (I wanted to use my router's firewall instead of the modem's)

Try to bypass the router and connect directly to the modem. (power cycle the modem after doing this)

Edit: turn off windows firewall.

Edit 2: does the IC server use the default port?