1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kane Hart's New Let's Play Series "New Eden"??? 1.5.1

Discussion in 'Server & Site News' started by Kane, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member

So New Eden a working title is a new SMP Server that I'm creating for my new Let's Play Series. I would have said SSP but the fact I do plan on making it SMP for just alone the massive performance improvements that we had seen in Adventures alone was more the worth the extra effort to bring it to MCPC+.

This Pack will contain almost 100 Installed mods and I should be launching it I hope sometime this weekend depending on when I get bored of adding and testing mods. I honestly spent almost a solid month testing and playing with this pack and I had an amazing time creating it and doing it.

[​IMG]

I do want to add this pack to MCUpdater but I really have to consider the time and effort needed to keep it up and running and as well as updated. For one I'm a person who likes to do updates every other day. Not a big deal for you guys as you don't have to update if your playing SSP. But a big issue for someone like me who needs to edit a lot more to make it functional for you guys including grabbing the MD5 data just so your not re-downloading everything each update.

I had consider allowing 2-3 people onto the server and the option is still open but there is not many people out there I can really put a lot of trust in. I mean I trust most people I play with these days even @billdew's Mother.. But I kind of was considering limiting to people who would create Let's Play videos for their own channel and such but then at that point only person I seen actively do that for 2 episodes was Agility_ and then he just gives up... You might wonder why I'm acting a tad Nazi when it comes to this new server and it's because we simply don't have rules nor restrictions. At this point if we have 10+ people online playing it will end up having a lot of headaches a couple weeks down the road with crashes from bugs and performance issues and etc. 100+ Mods will do that and even more when so many of them are alpha/beta Mods....

So any suggestions on SMP would be great I would still love to see a person or 2 on there but then again they must be at least active people. I hate 2 weeks down the road when they quit and got school or excuses and ugh no wastelands if you get what I mean. This is not a Frontiers server haha.

Here is my current Mods:
    http://godcraft.com/wiki/kanes-ssp-series/

So if anyone has any suggestions on the SMP part of things or mods they like to see me add or suggestions to do while I'm doing the Let's Play Series then please let me know! You guys matter to me and your feedback is just as important even if I tell you to fuck off <3.

2. fauxiss

fauxiss Whitelisted Player

Since you have given us a list of all the mod versions, we could just compile the mods ourselves. You could distribute a 1.5.1 client (or use electro's) an the we just download and install all the mods that are on the server.

When there is an update, forge will give us a warning when we try to log in telling us what has been added and which version it is so we can just download that version and add it to our client.

You should also distribute a copy of the configuration files so that there are no block ID mismatches.

If there is a matter of trust, you could make it for VIPs only (1, 2 & 3) or just VIP3s.

3. Kane

Yeah yeah me and electro saw what you did... Will allow it and it's not just about trust it's about so many mods that many will and can cause crashes. If people are to stupid to figure out their crashing it like the other servers then we got an issue.

4. fauxiss

fauxiss Whitelisted Player

Well I wanted to get VIP3 again anyway for the build server and this incited me to get it.

5. Billdew

Billdew Whitelisted Player

Holy crap that is a lot of mods. Thanks for that comment about my mother. Recently I have been having the most fun just trying new mods I haven't played before (electro's server if the week). This might be really fun for me but I am still unsure.

6. mineraftdude

mineraftdude Whitelisted Player

I'm currently doing some videos for all my servers. :D I'm also working on diff. things IRL/In-Game. But,I love modded servers. Um,The only thing I would ask of you...Is if i could live near or with you? If possible,I'm great at listening to directions,I'm good with mods,I read wikis before doing things with mods,And I'd be willing to mine and help you with diff. things. Plz kane? give me a chance.I love GC and I would like to be in one of your videos. Plus,I don't like to live alone.I'm still freaked out about collin leaving and Now I'm all alone! BTW: I'm still solving problems with the sound issues on my mic. (It's not my real voice.) ;D

I can be your IGOR!

7. burns1200

burns1200 Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun.

8. Agility_

Agility_ Whitelisted Player

I'd be in to do a LP, I may do a modified one (every two days release another until finals are over with). It seems like an awesome list of mods!

9. mineraftdude

mineraftdude Whitelisted Player

does that mean i'm in?
    Plz say Yes!?
    (Crosses fingers.)
    Sorry if i spelled that wrong. :D

10. Kane

A lot of people think their getting on and I'm sorry I can't including people doing Let's Play Videos...

I have decided to only select a hand few close friends that play all the time.

That being Myself, Electro, Agility and Fugner and fauxiss is very and I mean VERY borderline so you can see we are pretty much rejecting everyone. I'm sorry if more wanted to play and DO LP Series on the server but we just can't handle that many.. But will be sharing the client with everyone!

PS they must also have VIP3!

Togeh and Agility_ like this.
  11. djbrooks06

djbrooks06 Whitelisted Player

gl with the lets play series. looks alot of fun with all those mods, cant imagine the headache of learning all of them from the ground up but thats the fun in mods imo. ill be checking around the forums and lp series

12. Togeh

Togeh Whitelisted Player

Sounds like a good move, hope you enjoy it, may check out the client when i get back to playing again :)

bennerkaj likes this.