1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Main Subway

Discussion in 'Subway / Train Grid/System/Layout Projects!!!' started by Shaostoul, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Shaostoul

Shaostoul Whitelisted Player

Godcrafts Subway

A constant WIP, presently being maintained/upgraded/built by: Shaostoul

Props to people who have dug tunnels. I do not know all their names.

FAQ

Fact: All major stations are operational except for 4k and 6k and 8k West

Fact: All main stations will be updated to be the same style. For simplicity sake.

Fact: It takes 8 minutes to travel from Spawn to 8000 on a max speed subway track. Averaging about 1 minute every 1000 blocks.

Fact: You MUST enter your station destination before boarding a "1 button, 2 step" station or else you could go the wrong way.

Fact: If something is wrong with the main subway, contact Shaostoul if available or post here. Sniper3 could also be of assistance. If it is a chunk error or some glitch causing you to stop in place and go back and forth, no one can help you with that. Should you encounter a chunk error that you get stopped at try re-logging in, if it's persistent, let a moderator know. If you are subject to the glitch above, your best bet is to hop out by right-clicking, not destroying your minecart. Then walk the rest of the way or to the nearest station. The only current known areas for the glitch is around 500-700 ish away from spawn.

The NESW tunnels
    North: Made to go max speed with no slow down.
    East: Needs to be updated to max speed.
    South: Made to go max speed with no slow down.
    West: Needs to be updated to max speed.

The Secondary Tunnels
    All: 1 or 2 are dug out completely. The rest need to be dug to an unknown extent at this time.

Station 0 (Spawn)
    North: Operational and updated to the "1 button, 2 step" station. (Updated due to chunk error)
    East: Operational and updated to work with newest MM.
    South: Operational and updated to work with newest MM.
    West: Operational and updated to work with newest MM.

Station 2000
    North: Operational and updated to work with newest MM.
    South: Operational and updated to the "1 button, 2 step" station.
    West: Operational and updated to the "1 button, 2 step" station.

Station 4000
    West: Inoperable, needs to be updated to newest MM at least.

Station 6000
    West: There is no West 6000 station. It needs to be dug.

Station 8000
    West: The huge terminal area is dug, but no arrival/departure for the main subway.

Other Stations
    8N8W: To my knowledge, non-existent.
    8N4W: To my knowledge, non-existent.
    8N4E: To my knowledge, non-existent.
    8N8E: To my knowledge, non-existent.
    4N8W: To my knowledge, non-existent.
    4N4W: Operational, reach by going to 4N.
    4N4E: To my knowledge, non-existent.
    4N8E: To my knowledge, non-existent.
    4S8W: To my knowledge, non-existent.
    4S4W: To my knowledge, non-existent.
    4S4E: To my knowledge, non-existent.
    4S8E: To my knowledge, non-existent.
    8S8W: To my knowledge, non-existent.
    8S4W: To my knowledge, non-existent.
    8S4E: To my knowledge, non-existent.
    8S8E: To my knowledge, non-existent.

[​IMG]

2. Shaostoul

Alright, well no response from Sniper...

So @Kane

There is no one in direct control of the subway, no one that I have consistent access to, to approve or deny stuff for the main subway. I know Sniper has sort of assumed control, but I don't know how else to put it, but he isn't reliable on consistency or responses. (I'm not trying to bash you Sniper, I just want to see that the Subway has a proper caretaker and decision maker.) Maybe it'd help Sniper out and the other mods if something was done? Sniper and the mods being busy with so much stuff.

Bagline seems to sort of dropped off from the new naming scheme. (Which isn't a problem, the forced stops do have bonuses.)

Also, off-topic of the subway, I've noticed that the server-rules page hasn't been updated with the revised rules and that the revised application and ban/appeal thread hasn't been touched.

3. Sniper3

Sniper3 Whitelisted Player

As you said, we've been busy... I don't mind you redoing the stations as long as they don't suck and follow our plan to go with bagline's system.

4. Milhouz

Milhouz Whitelisted Player

If you need any help I would love to help work on the stations!

5. Shaostoul

Please elaborate on "don't suck"

6. Bagline

Bagline Whitelisted Player

I've been busy diging moria's subway. I actually ran into a weird problem with a sorter on moria's subway yesterday too. It worked perfectly fine for me, but another player was typing "/st failway" but was matching true to a sort brick that should have only matched "/st storage".

seemed to me like he may have just been messing with me, but I don't know.

What I think we should do:
    1. Get all the lines dug and laid out (speaking of which, what's the status of the digging?)
    1.5. maybe setup quick dirty stations so people can use them
    2. Setup and configure the "bagline system" in all the stations =)
    2.5 test the configuration
    3. bring them all online by connecting them to the already laid lines.

7. Bagline

8. elpacco

elpacco Whitelisted Player

I've run into that problem at least twelve times now with Camelot's railway. I'm pretty sure Afforess fucked up somewhere and created dozens of false positives.

For example, /st 2000 would match [St-venatum:N]. I had to switch around the sort blocks just because of that.

9. Shaostoul

Yeah, I've been noticing a lot of problems with the latest minecart mania. It doesn't function as it dig previously, to some extents.

10. borninla

borninla Whitelisted Player

May i suggest that we build a "Grand Station" at where the N,S,W,and E lines meet?

11. Bagline

I don't understand the idea... we would have all lines connect directly to that?

the way we've got it setup now will use a lot fewer resources and travel time will be less for most things.

12. Sniper3

Sniper3 Whitelisted Player

We have that, it's called spawn.

elpacco and jcup24 like this.
  13. Shaostoul

So I'm doing the turnaround areas and I seem to have encountered a possible problem.
    [st-turnaround:W] for example is too wide for the sign. It gets changed to...
    [st-turnaround:
    I would imagine this could become a problem. I'm curious if I could change it to something smaller... maybe uturn?

14. elpacco

elpacco Whitelisted Player

I personally don't see the purpose of the turnaround things. I mean what do you change your mind halfway through the thing?

Also, please please please please please please tell me you're not going with that shitty grid system idea.

I thought everyone was in agreement that that was just completely pointless and unneeded.

15. Shaostoul

>.> Talk to Sniper about that one <.<

I was under the impression that the naming idea was going to be the "new thing". I however thought it was over-complicating things.

Also... I've used the turnaround thing when we were going through stuff about warps and /home and all that stuff. I've also used it while working on the main subway.

Also also... This would be why I was trying to be the person in charge when it came to the main subway...

16. kingcam2

kingcam2 Whitelisted Player

Ok I will tell you now that I'm digging the east tunnel from 4k north, We are up to 7100 so that means only 900 block to go to get to 8k.

17. Shaostoul

Cool beans. Was there a plan for something along the tracks or are you just digging?

18. Bagline

The game is changing too much now to bother even thinking about setting up some sort of automated sorting system. also, I wouldn't even consider working on it until all the lines are in place because you'd just have to go back and redo all the sorting every time a new line is finished.

19. Shaostoul

True true...

20. kingcam2

kingcam2 Whitelisted Player

Digging Tunnel, Placing tracks down and put a gold ore every 100 blocks.