1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!

My feedback and general suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zoram, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member

I agree with Coltonis on the exp part. A few of them plugins might be possible and a couple might not. For example mobage is something that does not work period. But we have another one called Mobs that we actually been testing that does the same thing.. It seems to make mobs last a bit longer but in the end it actually fails. If you like check 4th page of comments on mobage just to see that yes I have been working on the mob problem for a while lol :)

2. lord_kruor

lord_kruor Whitelisted Player

I'll have interpersonal relationships with you if you want.

3. ColtonisWright

ColtonisWright Whitelisted Player

Viewer discretion is advised:
    Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWz9VN40nCA

4. Zoram

Zoram Whitelisted Player

This makes me very happy that you are working on it, thanks for letting us know.

5. Tubatum

Tubatum Whitelisted Player

2.COMBAT TAG
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/combat-tag/

The problem I see with this plugin is that some computers (Mine for example) freeze once they use up a certain amount of Megs or RAM, This usually happens right at the worst times eg While your in the middle of a spleef match, When you are about to kill someone, That general sort of thing. As far as I know it only kills you 30 secs after you log out, so there isnt any major issues with this mod, but I think it should be looked over carefully. Thanks for reading ;)

6. Zoram

Zoram Whitelisted Player

that is a good point. Like I said before, minecraft is a game that was released under conditions that are still pretty much alpha phase. However if you are going to be going into PvP, you know the risk anyhow. People with less superior machines always come out on the bottom because they see less, and react a bit slower, often lagging. But in terms of combat, if it is a fair fight 1 on 1, then I don't think it would really cause you to crash like a 3v3 spleef game. However, this is something we would need to test with people with lower stability set-ups. Good point thanks for bringing it up. We would want to test 3v3 fights for example in a test enviornment.

7. marvinbek

marvinbek Whitelisted Player

If you would take a look at the Mechanic-altering section of the Bukkit plugin list (or the BukkitDev version here) you would see there is a shitload of plugins that would be good for GodCraft. Find the best and most fitting, test them on the test server for a couple days then release it to the build server. If the right plugins are chosen the server would become MUCH more interesting. Small things like GlassDrop (which makes glass drop glass instead of nothing) or CHDistantFarm (which makes plants and melons and pumpkins and stuff grow while the chunk is unloaded) would be good VIP-only feature as it's a small non-gamechanging thing which people can play without. In PvP the plugin BloodMoon would be very good.
    /rant

8. ColtonisWright

CHDDistantFarm would lag the server? And how would it dictate which chunk is VIP player owned or not?

9. Zoram

Zoram Whitelisted Player

yeah I would have to agree here. The point isn't to have all the mods in the world. The point is to find the right ones that would give us enough benefit to outweigh the cost to the server. And making plants grow in unloaded chunks would not work for a server of our size, although for single player that would be a nice mod. ALso the bloodMoon mod would just be annoying, I would just avoid PvP until the mobs go back to not being OP. But I'm glad to see you are engaged as much as everyone else.

10. waythm

waythm Whitelisted Player

There are "distance farm" plugins that don't cause lag, as they don't keep the chunk loaded - simply calculate the growth amount between when the chunk was unloaded and when it was reloaded then grow that amount. Example: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/me...-growing-when-youre-away-from-them-766.17293/

Though it would still be impossible to implement for VIP only.

That said, I don't really think of that as an issue or a much needed plugin.

11. Zoram

Zoram Whitelisted Player

yeah, but that is kind of a clever solution.

12. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member

Do you guys like check my posts then suggest anything I replied into the past? Because that is what it seems lol

13. Zoram

Zoram Whitelisted Player

get used to it, you run a server where there are back end things that not everyone is constantly aware of like you are. I have found this to be true of any online community. As a collective, the same questions will be asked. Often times we try to help out by informing each other, but sometimes, not enough people know. And yes, we also forget as a collective. So you are forever burdened with needing to say the same things over and over to a degree.

14. Zoram

Zoram Whitelisted Player

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/req-enchating-decoded.59060/

@Kane
    @ElectroBot

I made a bukkit plug in suggestion, check it out, I have us in mind. I hate how enchanting is almost a waste of your levels since you have 0 idea what your enchantments hold, that is why I suggested easy enchant for us, but this idea may be a more user friendly solution. A solution that would not require players to need to learn more commands. But either way, I really don't like how you waste enchantment levels currently by having no idea what is going on, IMHO its a flawed game concept.

15. ColtonisWright

Eh, the enchantment is op anyways. Atleast it gives you a rare chance for something really good.

Everyone would just do infinity + homing arrows on the bow...

16. Zoram

Zoram Whitelisted Player

there is no homing arrows....lol

sure the enchantments may be overpowered in some cases, but just because you don't know what enchantments you are getting, doesn't mean that those enchantments are over powered. It also doesn't make them any more rare either. You can keep taking the item out of the table and putting it back on to get a new set of enchatments. Its just that you don't know exactly what you are getting. You can however get a general idea if you have enchanted enough items, but its still just a lot of randomness and not knowing for sure. How pissed would you be if you wanted a water breathing helmet, but you kept getting the increased underwater mining speed helmet? They are pretty equal, but you can't tell, you just can't tell.

I just suggested an idea to fix what I think is a derp game mechanic.

17. marvinbek

Posted a comment on the page under the name "delocaz". Check it out.

18. Zoram

Zoram Whitelisted Player

thanks for the bump and comment, I kind of feared that would be the situation. I don't think I have ever seen a UI based server mod or even a UI alteration.

19. marvinbek

It *may* be possible with Spout. But i'm not good at Spout so if that'll be the case i'm NOT gonna develop it.

20. Zoram

Zoram Whitelisted Player

What is spout? I guess I will look it up, but if you can give a simplified answer that would be cool. Also, does Kane use spout for us? Meh, well I only hope that kane considers easy enchant.