1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Never buy digital from gamestop!

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls Series' started by djbrooks06, Nov 14, 2011.

1. djbrooks06

djbrooks06 Whitelisted Player

yea so, going to a local gamestop store i decided to give skyrim a shot. they were sold out of hard copies for the pc so the gamestop employee told me i could buy a copy of it digitally. i bought this on saturday. well the code on the receipt apparently doesnt work and now im playing email tag with there support team for the last 2 days. they dont have a phone support and there email support is pretty damn slow. next time its either steam or find a hard copy! lol = = damn weekend has been frustrating

ps. the company is impulse that handles the digital downloads.

2. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member

Just do a charge back and move on.

3. djbrooks06

i would, but the receipt states that there is no refunds/exchanges for digital purchases. i might try and chew them out and see if i can get my money back or a hard copy. angry asian man = not a pretty scene. :)

4. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member

Yeah but legally well in Canada anyways that is 100% scamming. Just because says no refund does not mean you can't charge back. What I would have done is bitched at the store and made them call few people then if nothing happen id accidentally knock somethings over maybe pretend to trip and take a few things then rather say sorry be like maybe I need to sue your ass for leaving things in the way etc.

TheRahz likes this.
  5. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Head Moderator Staff Member

Ahh, Kane.

Kane is right on the charge back. You didn't receive the items promised (100%) in my view at least. Legally they might be covered, but Visa/Mastercard will usually side with the customer and besides you do live in Texas.

6. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Head Moderator Staff Member

wtf?

aliparpar likes this.
  7. DaffyPWNS

DaffyPWNS Whitelisted Player

Sorry some asshole at school took my computer and thought it would be funny to type that. I deleted it now.

8. djbrooks06

lol random... but yea, got it sorted out, they just gave me a hard copy of the game. did have to talk to like 6 reps before i got a decision. still, i am never going to try digital copy from them EVER.

Kane likes this.
  9. Jacket13

Jacket13 Whitelisted Player

yea just ask for a new code or ask steam (its a steam code?) to unbind the code from whatever steam account it is on by showing them a copy of your purchase. stuff like that :p either way it is possible. or just do kane/elec said.

on a side not, if you bother to buy a digital copy do it on steam next time ;)

10. djbrooks06

a day later after i got my stuff sorted out. impulse (company that handles gamestops digital copy downloads) calls me personally and tells me they are sorry and that there was a "hiccup" in the system that prevented people from downloading the game during the weekend. i pretty much told them that was the worst time to "hiccup" for them on the release weekend of skyrim.... lol. i gave my 2 cents about there support team and that was that. overall, bad experience. atleast skryim makes up for it, although i can hardly play anymore since work has been killing me and when i get home my wife is playing skyrim....