1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!

Notice: NEW DOMAIN / NAME OR KEEP GODCRAFT NAME!

Discussion in '[BS] - General Talk' started by Kane, Aug 2, 2013.

?

Do you want a Fresh Name and a Fresh Domain?

1. Yes (New Domain and New Name)

77.8%
  2. No (Let's Keep the old Domain and the Old Name)

22.2%
  1. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member

BEFORE YOU VOTE: We decided of course to keep going with the new project at this point. It's going to take time and we still want you to talk about ideas .:HERE:. but this poll and thread is just to talk about the name Godraft and the domain!

BOTH OPTIONS GET:
    - No Matter what you pick we will have a new forum / site
    - No Matter what you pick we are making a new main server
    - No Matter what you pick we Build Server will run still till the time we shut it down and then at that time will give out the map no matter what.

If you don't stay with Godcraft:
    - There will be nothing from Godcraft taken to the new site / domain.. It's 100% fresh no history no nothing we are brand spanking new..
    - It will be easier to focus on the new server and less having to convert everything over etc.
    - Better security no need to worry about old flaws
    - Everyone gets a better second chance here as no one will be banned period... It's 100% FRESH GODCRAFT DOES NOT EXIST AND GODCRAFTS HISTORY WILL NOT CARRY OVER.
    - I will still offer the old world downloads on the Godcraft site.
    - I will keep the Godcraft forums going as well.
    - Will have a fresh start as in No one knows the past History on Godcraft. None of this ohh you gotta pay $10 bullshit you always hear.

If you Stay With Godcraft:
    - If you pick Stay with Godcraft Name / Domain will convert the forums over to the new forum / site software so will have the sweet new looks and keep your great memories.
    - There might be some bugs and issues that happen from the conversion process
    - The forums with so many posts and so many being old might push newer players away.
    - If you pick Stay with Godcraft Will still be getting rid of the paid Whitelist system period for the new server.

Please if you are still not sure of something then ask before voting. Once you voted that is it!

2. burns1200

burns1200 Well-Known Member

I think it would be best to switch to a new domain and a new name because, if we're trying to get more players then we should change our name and look. People hate us for our pay to play and they will not let it go.

TheAriaWithin and Kane like this.
  3. Dorkinator

Dorkinator Whitelisted Player

Yeah it would be good to have a new name but make this domain redirect to a post about the new one as to not lose traffic.

4. Bagline

Bagline Whitelisted Player

People like new. I already made my decision for a bunch of servers out there(no) and I wouldn't magically start reconsidering all of them if I was looking for one.

Kane likes this.
  5. mennomobile

mennomobile Whitelisted Player

Yay for not having a fee to enter, I hope we'll still have some whitelist functionality though? I like that random people can pop in and explore the world, but I don't wand Bieber4Eva to decide he wants to move into my mountain vacation home and turn it into a techno nightclub.

Also, I am putting more in Domain name section, but this would be a GREAT opportunity for you to make your Gaming Community Kane. Godcraft IS Minecraft for the people who know what it is. Maybe go for a name that means more. _____ means "Awesome people who know their shit in games and are a blast gaming with" in other words.

6. Zoram

Zoram Whitelisted Player

I agree, go for the new. I wouldn't even bother looking for any server as well run, but I know we have to attract new people, and this is how to do it. We'd need to really make sure that old players get pointed to the new site/server incase they decide to return.

7. TheAriaWithin

TheAriaWithin Whitelisted Player

A new start would be fantastic. I would definitely become a regular again.

8. AuroraFinem

AuroraFinem Whitelisted Player

I think a fresh start is best especially since you're keeping these forums running so if someone does want the old memories they can still come revisit the site.

9. sidthesloth

sidthesloth Whitelisted Player

i think a fresh start would be great it would bring more people to the community and spice it up.

10. Leaf_It

Leaf_It Whitelisted Player

Call it Builder's League United :p

11. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member