1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!

New "Server of the week" mod/challenge server

Discussion in 'Server & Site News' started by ElectroBot, Apr 11, 2013.

1. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Head Moderator Staff Member

Server Client/Updater​

There's a LOT of mods out there. Some we've all played, some we barely know about. We'd like to create a "Server of the week" server that will have a different mod(s) or challenge map every week. If we like a mod or challenge and wish to play longer or again, then we'll vote whether to continue playing that server for a second week or start another.

These servers will be for whitelisted forum members and friends of whitelisted forum members. You have to either be a Build/IC server member or have a member ask for you to be added.

Please suggest mods/challenge maps that we could run below. When suggesting mods, remember that they have to be SMP/server compatible and the mod/map should have enough content to keep us entertained for at least a few days. Keep a watch on this thread for where to vote, when we'll start, etc.

Here's some examples:

Tropicraft

The Lion King mod

Galacticraft

Better Than Wolves (really old spotlight video)

Divine RPG (part of the RPG Immersion FTB Pack)

To be added to the server whitelist post your Minecraft in-game name below or the Minecraft in-game name of any friends you'd like to join the server.

The whitelist will not be wiped between between weeks, but any griefing/abuse/major annoyance may cause us to remove your name from the list. Please behave responsibly and treat others how you'd like to be treated.

Week 1 server: Galacticraft/Universal Electricity mods
    Week 2 server: ...

GTA4rox08 and Kane like this.
  2. Billdew

Billdew Whitelisted Player

Lion king. Lol
    Mic name: billdew

3. Billdew

Its an interesting idea. It would keep things fresh and let us try something new every week. Kinda reminds me of that time we played hunger games together, that was lots of fun. Who would set up these servers though?

4. ElectroBot

They're going to be basic servers, probably just Forge, the mod(s), maybe 1 or 2 other utility mods (no MCPC, bukkit, etc). Just some quick configuration of the configs. I'll set them up and run them.

5. mrtechguy1995

mrtechguy1995 Whitelisted Player

MrTechGuy1995

Tropics your world

6. Dorkinator

Dorkinator Whitelisted Player

Good idea Electro.

7. Billdew

It Lives!!!!

8. Billdew

We should play divine rpg :p

9. GTA4rox08

GTA4rox08 Whitelisted Player

Lion King mod!

Add me to the whitelist

10. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member

Why? This is really for only people not here to say they will commit to something but waste everyone's time and leave an hour later.

11. ElectroBot

It is also for those that would like to "play-test" the mod(s).

12. Kane

He does not test he just fucking does nothing. Don't forget they start over each time. He is to fucking lazy to even Mine coal these days.

13. ElectroBot

I don't mean test as in test for bugs. I meant screw around a bit. It doesn't matter really. Some players don't like certain types of gameplay.

14. GTA4rox08

The reason I don't play the industrial servers as much as I used to play build is because they do not interest me, simple as that. Every time there is a new server I play it for a few days, hoping it will spark some interest again, but it doesn't. I can't control that, but at least I try. I would be playing build server every day if there was still people on it, as that's where my interest in minecraft lies, but there isn't. Hopefully when the server gets updated a few people will come back.

I still stay quite active on Teamspeak and the forums, and I would really enjoy this server of the week thing. No need to get worked up about how I don't play the industrial servers or how I may not play this one as much, I just want to give it a try.

15. Kane

Fired

16. GTA4rox08

:/

17. Kane

<3

18. GTA4rox08

</3

ElectroBot likes this.
  19. ElectroBot

Need mod suggestions!!!

Unless we want to vote only on the ones I posted.

I'm thinking of doing a launch next Friday at 6-8PM EST. Voting will be on for 3-5 days before that. This way we'll be able to play more over the weekend during the start.

Kane likes this.
  20. IamRacecaR

IamRacecaR Whitelisted Player

I would like to put my Castle Siege map up for consideration :)

xDiiBs likes this.