1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!

Possible Subway System Upgrade

Discussion in 'Subway / Train Grid/System/Layout Projects!!!' started by Bagline, Mar 11, 2011.

1. BlandSauce

BlandSauce Whitelisted Player

Just to be clear, we're talking about the same design, right? That I came and saw when Sniper was there, and then you removed it soon after that.

2. Shaostoul

Shaostoul Whitelisted Player

Yeah, I tested the entire thing and tried to make it fail, but I couldn't. The design I had prior to the (the underneath part where it came to one track in a plus sign. It looked like a number sign and it worked flawlessly. The plus sign design was just me messing around at that point.

3. Amyliz

Amyliz Whitelisted Player

The point of the roundabout design though is that more than one person can come in to a station at the same time. The plus seems like if that were ever to happen, there would be problems =/

Sniper3 likes this.
  4. BlandSauce

The one I saw was the plus sign, which was "shot down". Then you said you had previously made the number sign (tic-tac-toe or pound sign for any confused readers), and sketched it with some blocks. Sniper and I then said that was essentially the roundabout.

So I'm confused. The one that got "shot down" wasn't actually your real design, so why are you whining about it and trying to make it sound like it was some personal "Let's hate everything Shaos makes"? At least that's the tone I got from several of your last few posts, and I don't appreciate it.

5. Shaostoul

Shaostoul Whitelisted Player

Let me start this post with, I apologize for it coming out that way. I've been in not such a great mood as of late and I am sorry to bring that stuff to here on GodCraft. I don't mean for it to.

Yeah, Amy, that's why that idea got shot down and I understand that.

The round about idea I understand being more minecart jam friendly. It's just weird for me to call it a roundabout idea when the way I'd have it designed is more of just a # or pound sign or whatever you want to call it. It does make sense for it to be called a roundabout though...

/sigh

Well, I'll put it this way, ask me to make it, I'll do it and don't put a restriction on shape or size and I'll have a nicely working design for you. The beach outside the Biodome is just too small. You come and critique certain aspects of it, I'll change it around a bit to make it better and we'll continue from there. Then Amy with her great designs can come and make it pretty or someone else.

6. Bagline

Bagline Whitelisted Player

I have the solution to all this, it's a modified round-about that has a limited lifespan.

I kinda want to get it up and working before I spoil it, but WTH?

Solution:
    1 Spiral that loops around twice, then ends.
    First (outer) loop just concatenates all the lines into a single line
    Second (inner) loop tests against all the possible exits, if none are found it will default to ending your trip at the current station.

f-ing simple =) (very similar to the thing i had with my first diagram, just organized much better)

I'll work on it tonight... make a diagram and also try to get it up and running.

7. BlandSauce

If I understand what DigitalStorm is saying correctly, you shouldn't need an extra loop, or even the old idea of repeating things on the arrival station sign. Especially if the timed eject goes to the same [Eject Here] as iron blocks, that could be quite nice.

8. Bagline

Bagline Whitelisted Player

i got the nw4000 station online. I went with the rats nest approach because the clean spiral design took too long to sort (in my opinion)

need to rethink the station names, or just suck it up and hard code them into the stations. a sort like *n* will match anything that has even 1 n in it (aka /st spawn would be true)

it was one of those "DUH!" moments.

there's also just a single arrival/departure area in the station in the center.