1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Referral program?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bran7vas, Oct 18, 2012.

1. bran7vas

bran7vas Whitelisted Player

I have an idea!! and please forgive me if I'm overstepping any boundaries. So what if we had a referral program that (for now) Build Server community members can post on the minecraft forums and refer new members to our community.

Rewards/Compensation-

1 person referred; the referring member receives 1 month of VIP1
    2 person(s) referred; the referring member receives 1 month of VIP2
    3 person(s) referred; the referring member receives 1 month of VIP3
    4+ person(s) referred; the referring member receives 2 months of VIP3

This is just an idea and open to suggestions and/or comments. This idea is sponsored by the GC Spark Fund, currently pledging $100 to the future of this program. If this program takes off, prior to program being implemented, funds will be deposited in appropriate accounts to ensure it's legitimate nature.

Long live GC.

2. Kooj

Kooj Whitelisted Player

Interesting concept, and seems like reasonable incentive.

3. ot0_m0t0

ot0_m0t0 Whitelisted Player

Good idea sounds solid enough.

4. burns1200

burns1200 Well-Known Member

Sounds good.

Let me just get my friends accounts and get VIP3 for a couple months.

5. GTA4rox08

GTA4rox08 Whitelisted Player

Interesting. Maybe a little tweaking on the rewards part, but I like it :D

6. bigbubbak9

bigbubbak9 Whitelisted Player

So my first impression of this thread was, "Oh he is just flashing his money again".
    Then I read it over a couple of times and thought about it.
    The idea itself seems great like other people have said, but the numbers definitely needs tweaking.
    I'm all for the vip 1/2 rewards, but I think vip3 should at least stay exclusive for the monthly payers.

7. aliparpar

aliparpar Whitelisted Player

Awww! I have already referred 3 current members before this scheme ...

8. ot0_m0t0

ot0_m0t0 Whitelisted Player

Bah I reffered 5 people so far.

9. featherblade2

featherblade2 Whitelisted Player

Roar. Derp I've referred myself twice (I have 3 accounts) and two friends... VIP 3 please! Oh wait... I already have it and don't mind paying... Nvm.

10. bran7vas

bran7vas Whitelisted Player

So... You'd rather spend $40+ to register your friends accounts to get 2 months worth of $15 VIP3, thus costing your $10 extra? Lol, is my math wrong or something? I'm really trying to put my best efforts into the continuity of this amazing community, yet I'm confronted with complaints rather than suggestions...

I'll admit I'm far from the best builder, designer and I don't have time to play every day, BUT I am trying to contribute that of what I can. I know this community can accomplish great things, so lets try work on this together? cmon guys... a lil help?

11. Amyliz

Amyliz Whitelisted Player

We appreciate your enthusiasm for sure, but just keep in mind that all of this is stuff that we as a whole community has discussed in the past, too. VIP perks, financial support systems of all kinds, and I know I've heard talk of referral/voting perks before as well.

It's cool that you're trying, but we've had 2 years already to talk about this as a group, so please don't get discouraged over people blowing you off when you whirlwind in here as a new guy with money and ideas. Just get to know us, subscribe to VIP3 or something, and bring in as many people as you can on your own. I'm pretty sure a lot of us talk about GC pretty much nonstop to anyone who will listen anyway.

Edit: Plus, you don't have to be an amazing builder to be awesome here. There are roles we need filled as a community that don't involve that, including farmer/supplier of bulk items, good shopkeep because people are always wandering trade trying to find stuff, digging or building help on some of the biggest projects around, etc.

Plus the longer you build, the better you'll get at it. Some of my first builds are derpy, but I must have 100 houses/structures on the server at this point. (Someday I want to make a thread with screenshots of every build)

12. bigbubbak9

bigbubbak9 Whitelisted Player

Welcome to the internet ;)

13. featherblade2

That, is very true in my case at least. I talk about it at school, on skype, scouts, at Worser Bay Boating Club, on FB... My life is GC pretty much (and doing catch-up maths tests).

14. burns1200

burns1200 Well-Known Member

Keeps the server up.

15. Mista_Tubby

Mista_Tubby Whitelisted Player

feather....go outside :p lol

EDIT: And I think this is a great idea, I just think the rewards need to be a bit tougher (but reasonable) to receive. Overall, a good idea :)

aliparpar likes this.
  16. featherblade2

I do go outside... To the gym for over an hour a day :D I just need to take lots of rests (not at the gym, when I'm doing other stuff) because walking is hard :( and people keep playing with my moon boot. Which means I have to stay off my foot until I get a chance to fix it...

17. aliparpar

aliparpar Whitelisted Player

Don't OVERDO IT though ! The reason I can't play GC =)) ...

IMG_6715.PNG

featherblade2 and Mista_Tubby like this.
  18. Leaf_It

Leaf_It Whitelisted Player

This sounds like a good idea, though I think that VIP3 if its ever allowed to earned in this way should require at LEAST 4 referrals and I'd expect it to be even harder than just that. (I know, I know, I've been inactive for like a year so I know little to nothing about current stuff but I'm trying to come back)

Anyway, how would the rewards be dealt? I think most of us would be getting people to join as they became interested which probably wouldn't happen all at once. I was active on this server for a year and in the time I got 5 other friends to join, but not all at once. They came as they became interested in projects, or just Minecraft in general. What I'm trying to say is, this wouldn't work unless it was implemented in such a way that you got to choose when to redeem your reward.