1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[Starjack Online] new space rts 4x open beta (mmo)

Discussion in 'Space Games!' started by Kane, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member

2. Shaostoul

Shaostoul Whitelisted Player

I'll try it out today Kane. :)

I'll let you know what I think of it.

3. Kane

Looking forward

4. Shaostoul

Well so far I like it. The first RTS MMO that I've ever laid eyes on and got to play with.

I would compare it to Aurora or Ascendancy. You can have a fairly automated empire I'm guessing towards the end. (If there is an end) You research tech, you replace old machinery, you keep your shields fueled and repaired, you overhaul your ships with new tech, you explore... I have no idea about fighting, I haven't gotten that far, I'm guessing the servers have gone down so I can't put any more time into it yet.

Being the type of game it is, it has a lot of information thrown at you, but it does gently easy you into the way the game works with semi-nice tutorials. Don't just charge in and go for it, read the tutorials, read what the stuff does.

I'm going to be writing a FAQ, Tutorial, Help, General Information kind of deal as I play through the game, especially if I get support from the guys at the forum. If I don't get the go ahead, would you be willing to offer me a place to set up the information?

5. Shaostoul

6. Kane

we could always setup a special forum I guess Other Games and sub forums what do you think?

7. Shaostoul

I would really appreciate it and I'm pretty sure some other player would appreciate it.

By the way, I've also mentioned you on their forum and your GodCraft. Hope you don't mind.

8. Kane

Not a problem I never mind and don't care. Lot's of people feel they need to ask permission even for photo's or videos of the server. Never a issue here I'm a open guy!

9. Shaostoul

It's just better to be safe than sorry, if someone isn't careful they could be taken to court for whatever.

10. Shaostoul

I really do appreciate you and the community you have brought together. This is probably one of my most favorite places to be.

11. Kane

lmao don't worry I'm Canadian and international laws would never budge ;)

12. Shaostoul

lols, that works for me :p

So yeah Kane, if you check out the game and see me on, we could always team up to be supreme rulers of Starjack :p

13. Kane

@Shaostoul Will not be today I got no sleep so I will be toooooo Tired for anything like that.

14. Shaostoul

Nah, I just meant for any time in the future. Game seems like it'll take a long while. It is a MMO

15. Sounas

Sounas Whitelisted Player

I could join in this. Recently got interested in a similar game called Neptunes pride, but this seems more RTS and faster-pace. Ill give it a try and see if we maybe can get an online game going?

16. Kane

I made a empire or whatever but that was it. My name is Kane Hart. I'm to tired to learn or understand :p

17. Sounas

Sounas Whitelisted Player

Alright, i am on the Beta server now and my nation is called ''Qanzubar Confederacy'' or ''Qanzubar''

18. daking009

daking009 Whitelisted Player

just installing it now!

19. Kane

tell me how it is all screenshots features info... been to busy with 1.2 lol

20. Shaostoul

Well currently it is content thin and fairly glitchy. It is however a beta and they are updating every week if not more. I was personally able to talk to Infinity, one of the developers, and they have grand plans for the MMO and seem to have a pretty solid team and work ethic. New content is slow to release, but it is typically in bunches and not very buggy. The graphics are a little something to be desired, but it's still beta and things could change. You play Minecraft, you shouldn't mind this. Currently combat isn't working, so you can't properly defend stars out in public space. So I'm focusing on improving my empire in my pocket universe. Your pocket universe is a place where you are perfectly safe and where your stars that you starjack end up at. Right now I have the beginning star and another one that I jacked. Learning everything is a little intense, there is a lot to learn and presently there isn't very much detail on what everything is. The first and second tier stuff you research builds fairly quick. The third tier stuff can take quite a while, but it's worth it. I suppose as the game goes on, stuff will take much... MUCH longer. Things start off taking up to 10 minutes with the most important stuff. The tier I'm at now (three) takes about an hour for the most important items. Maybe a bit longer. It is however a MMORTS... you don't want players to see all of the content in the first day.