1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!

Stone Legion Update & Working on a Game from Scratch!

Discussion in 'Server & Site News' started by Kane, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member

What is Happening with StoneLegion.Com?
    Right now not much. I think Electro and I have gotten most things done there might be a touch up or 2 to do still and I will check our to do list and make sure it's updated but over all I can see the site being launched anytime soon even tomorrow though I doubt that will what has been going around in my life.

We are happy with the site and here is a small preview:
    [​IMG]

What is Happening one the site has launched?
    Once the site has Launched Electro and I will be running small fun game servers. Pretty much every 1 maybe 2 weeks it really depends on Electro. He will Zip me up some fun Vanilla style adventure mode type games and will run them for a week or 2 and then flip them around. Don't forget we are not going to be bothering with 1.6 Launch for Stone Legion because of the massive changes coming to 1.7 biomes / terrain generation. So what that means is the launch Stone Legion site will be mainly just the community part of things and in a month maybe sooner or maybe later will start doing just test servers for plugins, features, etc.

What else is Stone Legion being used for?
    Stone Legion Will not just me a Minecraft server. I want people to understand this right away it's also going be a gaming community and also front for a project my friend Chris and I will be working on. Our company name will be Stone Legion Games and will be posting things like Dev Blogs and such. We also hope to run fun game servers down the road like Cube World if it ever becomes server side mainly and things like Just Cause 2 Multiplayer.

What is this Project?
    This Project that Chris and I will be working on is going to be fronted on Stone Legion. Chris and I will be working with the Unity Engine something that had and has been planned for the longest time before even Godcraft we made plans that down the road will be doing something like this. What will be doing at first is making a 2D MMORPG that will not just be your normal MMORPG. We want to have an active fun world where there is actual life and the world sort of breathes and changes around you. None of this boring old Update Once every 6 months of content and the standard liner boring path. We want to add some many fun dynamic features and content but also bring you sort the old fun style RPG's like Zelda but something that keeps growing and growing in Content. Anyways that is just a small spoiler and will talk more about it in the future on our Dev Blogs on Stone Legion.

So that is pretty much it just a small update on what is going on. My own life been really busy right now I'm learning C# day and night and will keep learning and learning and maybe I will even post some the fun stuff I'm learning just so you guys can keep track of the fun that I'm having learning it.

Also my friend Chris will be ending up moving into my Basement Apartment where will be focusing on our new project so there is a lot more coming then just Minecraft down the road.

Jommastafibb likes this.
  2. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Head Moderator Staff Member

Please don't name it SkyNet.

Good luck and hope to read the dev blogs soon.

EDIT Oh, and let Chris write some of them.

burns1200 likes this.
  3. Kane

He already has :p

4. IamRacecaR

IamRacecaR Whitelisted Player

Cough cough Jedi Outcast cough

5. keirhan

keirhan Whitelisted Player

depending on the size the site and community get's and my own RL stuff i will likely be starting a new news program for the site which will likely cover minecraft, dev blogs and the other games. on of the problems with GCN was that there were some weeks where there was absolutely nothing. on both server side and real life. I'll let you guys know more as and when i get round to it.

Jommastafibb likes this.
  6. Kane

Sexy Keirhan News Network!

7. keirhan

keirhan Whitelisted Player

Sponsored by McDonalds

bennerkaj and Kane like this.