1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Railcraft mod for GC IC Server 2.0

Discussion in '[IC] - General Talk' started by ElectroBot, Jan 6, 2012.

1. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Head Moderator Staff Member

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/701990-100-railcraft-221-forge-smp/
    http://railcraft.wikispaces.com/

We would need to disable the TNT carts (don't want a repeat of the unfortunate demise of the 1st IC server), but otherwise a really cool mod. Client and Server versions for ModloaderMP have been updated to MC 1.0.0.

It has elevators tracks
    [​IMG]

Railway posts and signals
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As well as a tunnel boring machine!! (this might require BC EDIT no BC required for the bore)
    [​IMG]

It also has quite a bit more including chest cart loaders/unloaders, detectors, high speed rails, junction rails...

2. djbrooks06

djbrooks06 Whitelisted Player

looks pretty cool. might have to try this out on my private server and see how it works

3. Adonesss

Adonesss Whitelisted Player

A friend's server had to whipe because something of this mod became corrupt or something like that so meh, it would need a ton of testing first :)

4. ElectroBot

Could you find out some details (what version they were running? what actually happened?) Thanks

EDIT Were they running Buildcraft as well? There were (maybe still are not sure) bugs that can corrupt worlds in BC.

5. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member

I put in a request to have the mod ported to bukkit modloader port. Will see what happens. If things stay stable with the server over the next few days I will be starting work on a test server for IC.

aliparpar and ElectroBot like this.
  6. drewtherummer

drewtherummer Whitelisted Player

7. Kane

I already have a port but thanks :)

8. elpacco

elpacco Whitelisted Player

I would assume that the chest dispenser thingy would also have a conflict with private signs, so you might want to consider removing that part.

9. ElectroBot

Whether they would or wouldn't have a conflict, private chests should be in fully enclosed buildings with privated doors. We've had few little incidents (apart form that dipshit nuking a lot of stuff) on the IC server.

Kane likes this.
  10. Kane

So much work lost but this time will make it more safer and no explosions. Kind removes the fun from reactors just a bit but we can still make them blow up just enough to ruin the reactor.

burns1200 likes this.
  11. Kane

Well when we got a test server up you can test it for us ;)

12. elpacco

elpacco Whitelisted Player

be glad to

13. Adonesss

@electro, yes we ran IC2+BC+railcraft+forestry, I dont know what version it was but it was the earliest 1.0 version.

14. ElectroBot

It might've been BC. The reason Kane disabled BC before even starting the the first IC/BC server was that the piping could cause massive chunk corruption which was only fixable by MCEditing the world, removing the chunk and reseeding it.

15. Adonesss

wasn't that fixed in BC for 1.0?

16. Dorkinator

Dorkinator Whitelisted Player

Pimping rail :cool:

17. kingcam2

kingcam2 Whitelisted Player

Can Kane please update the IC'2 server to 1.0.0 please.

I am running IC'2 and redpower'2 Prerelease 4b in single player on Minecraft 1.0.0

18. ElectroBot

You should know that on GC we don't rush into things. We'll first need to test IC/RP2 maybe BC, maybe RC for MC 1.0.0 before we actually deploy the IC server 2.0.

19. ElectroBot

If this mod does work on test server and we do deploy it to the IC Server 2.0, then I think we should build the following:
    - Quantum path just like before, but this time we coud use tunnel bores instead with a player in close proximity collecting the bore's droppings, fixing the walls, floor and ceiling (as the bore only places blocks under its track), etc
    - An above ground railway like in build 2 (we could also use the bores to dig through the mountains (not all the hills, the railway/road should go up and down a bit)
    - Build stations at the halfway point between spawn and the edge of map (like the 2K stations on build2)

burns1200 likes this.
  20. drewtherummer

drewtherummer Whitelisted Player

I would love to help with that :D those bores sound so cool! (btw, what did the quantum path do?? I wasnt part of the older server)