1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The Underground City of Valra (Build World 2)

Discussion in '[BS] - Projects' started by SCReconcile, Dec 10, 2011.

1. danieldecarabia

danieldecarabia Whitelisted Player

Was told you needed all the help you could get on this project so here I am offering my services. I love the look of the project so if you want I can commit all my online time to this if you want.

2. SCReconcile

SCReconcile Whitelisted Player

Day 58 of Build 2, and Valra:
    Cleared

Well I wasn't on for 2 weeks so nothing happened, so I thought it’s about time this room was finished, so in 2days me, AntM90 and Gilblobbo blitzed the half of the room what was left. Then today I laid out the base of all the pillars and the floor has now almost ready for the sandstone base to go on.

O and there’s now 415,635 cobblestone in storage.

2012-02-05_20.23.28.png

keirhan and ReggAbac like this.
  3. keirhan

keirhan Whitelisted Player

i think less pillars are needed.

4. SCReconcile

I've already built it on my test world and it should turn out quite well, if not ill just take it down.

5. bennerkaj

bennerkaj Whitelisted Player

much more done :D now we need about 60,000 sandstone. so we need your help find os at /st 3valra

Attached Files:

6. Zoram

Zoram Whitelisted Player

sandstone sucks doesn't it? Think of it this way:mine 400 stacks of sand, get 100 stacks of sandstone. Wah wah wah!

I hate how that is. Anyhow, I am glad the progress is going well.

7. SCReconcile

benner beat me to it but nonetheless.
    Day 63 of Build 2, and Valra:
    Sandstone

Well since the last post me and AntM90 cleared the floor area and laid it with sandstone, and then yesterday I finished clearing the layer of wall and laid the sandstone and glowstone wall, and half pillars (about 20k sandstone on each wall and floor so 40k). We need another 38,880 sandstone for the 180 pillars at 29*8, then just over 20k for the roof. I want this room to be finished this time next week on the 17/18th so lots to be done.

Any Donation of sandstone, red wool, or glowstone will be appreciated.
    Need:
    60,000 sandstone
    2,800 glowstone
    1100 red wool

If not give us a visit at /st 3valra, to maybe help gather sand or just to have a look.

2012-02-11_11.52.04.png 2012-02-11_11.52.59.png

Jim_Jam94 and ReggAbac like this.
  8. Bagline

Bagline Whitelisted Player

If those central troughs are going to be filled with water, I love this.

also for the side for the bridge, stairs + slabs = win.

bennerkaj likes this.
  9. GTA4rox08

GTA4rox08 Whitelisted Player

Once I get back from my Vacation, I will have to donate some of my sandstone to you. I have plenty of it and I hardly use it, so you would put better use to it than me. Just remind me once I get back.

bennerkaj likes this.
  10. Jim_Jam94

Jim_Jam94 Whitelisted Player

I'd like to contribute in helping, being a fellow Morian (not quite like Bagline, Bodydrag or Flupperz) I'm more than willing to help! I see that the red wool flooring isn't quite complete, would you like me to complete it with some of my red wool?

Also, would you like me to carry on nuking the desert to get more sandstone?

11. keirhan

keirhan Whitelisted Player

just a bump from the GCNN this project has been featured as the project of the week.

12. bennerkaj

bennerkaj Whitelisted Player

ty @keirhan and if you whant to help @Jim_Jam94 then you are more than welcome

13. Jim_Jam94

Jim_Jam94 Whitelisted Player

Ok cool! Are tools provided? If not, it's not a problem

14. SCReconcile

sorry for the late reply just got on, and yea tools are provided, ill come on now and add you to the storage door, and there are chests in there for sandstone.

15. SCReconcile

or i would do but its not letting me login to minecraft for some reason, so ill try again in about an hour after ive had my tea, if you want just break in to get to the tools.

16. SCReconcile

Day 72 of Build 2, and Valra:
    1/4

Well it would be finished by now but I've done quite a bit of work in the lobby world so I haven't been on build that much. However Me and Jim_Jam94 did at least put the roof on a quarter of the area so it shows what is roughly going to look like.

2012-02-19_20.18.07.png 2012-02-19_20.18.26.png

On another note its time to sort out storage since there's now 20 people on the doors and im going to clean it up...

Please move all private chests to the new area, maximum of 3 chests. if any of them are left by this time next week 26/2/12 21:30GMT then you will forfiet the contents there are some exceptions to this if you notify me otherwise.
    @fauxiss
    @mantuka
    @roflbobl
    @wudosu
    @antm90
    @McLag
    @Beatdownjack
    @darcyryder
    @James Gilbertson
    @Mr_Wingman
    @Jynke

I think thats everyone with chests

Jim_Jam94, Mista_Tubby and aliparpar like this.
  17. aliparpar

aliparpar Whitelisted Player

That's Incredible!!!
    e54fc304.gif

bennerkaj, Mista_Tubby and keirhan like this.
  18. SCReconcile

Day 75 of Build 2, and Valra:
    1/2

Says it all, only about 20k sandstone left to get for this hall, and 2k glowstone.
    Also thanks to @SimenS and @fauxiss for the glowstone to finish of the 2nd quarter

2012-02-22_23.35.33.png 2012-02-22_23.48.24.png

aliparpar likes this.
  19. aliparpar

aliparpar Whitelisted Player

@SCReconcile
    just one suggestion here :
    Are you sure you want to have so many pillars? I mean even in reality how heavy is the ceiling for those pillars to handle to have so many? = even more materials needed

Plus , unlike moria you can't see clearly how big the room is if you look at on corner to other corner because pillars block the view.The only way might be to look in reference to axial directions(Up and down,left and right ) and not diagonally. That's just my opinion though. It's your hall . It still looks great even with many pillars.

wudosu likes this.
  20. SCReconcile

WOO post 100

Fair enough, I somewhat agree, but you can’t look from corner to corner at Valra or moria because of the render distance isn’t far enough (the only way I got that photo was to sethome and take the screenshot before it un rendered). As for the pillars you need to bear in mind I took that photo from 70m away so they look closer together, and I also think they make the room look taller. It looks much different when walking around it, and when it’s finished; all the other rooms that have been built on my test world are much more open.
    But that's just my opinion

Now as for realism...

A single pillar would weigh 837 tones
    Weight of the roof is 55,752 tonnes (310 tonnes on each pillar)
    So a load of 1,147 tonnes in total on each pillar

Overall supported weight is 206,460 tonnes :eek:

I tried to work out the maximum load what each pillar could carry, but I didn’t understand half of what I was reading.

keirhan and aliparpar like this.