1. Hey Guest! We just wanted to let you know our new website is http://stonelegion.com and our new YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/stonelegionvideos Godcraft had lasted well over 3 years and became one of top servers in the world. We had decided overtime to start fresh with a new Site & Name but also change our ways. In the past Godcraft cost a small fee to play where Stone Legion is %100 free! So please check out http://stonelegion.com and hope to see you soon!
    Dismiss Notice

wtf is hs_err_pid

Discussion in 'Support' started by monkey37, Oct 3, 2011.

1. monkey37

monkey37 Whitelisted Player

i have gotten this text document on my desktop after mc crashing twice the past few days and i have no clue what so ever and i googled it and i cant find out much about it, can someone plz shine some light on the subject for me. and full document name is hs_err_pid3892

2. Sniper3

Sniper3 Whitelisted Player

It's minecraft's crash log.

3. monkey37

really?

4. Sniper3

Sniper3 Whitelisted Player

Yes, really.

That or it's Canada's nuclear launch codes.

monkey37 likes this.
  5. IamRacecaR

IamRacecaR Whitelisted Player

Canada has nukes?

6. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Head Moderator Staff Member

No we don't. Now stop talking about them. Really stop.

Damnit. The Quebecois can't keep their mouths shut.

GTA4rox08 likes this.
  7. GTA4rox08

GTA4rox08 Whitelisted Player

Error..png
    It saves my crash reports in my downloads file for some reason ://

8. aliparpar

aliparpar Whitelisted Player

It seems we both crash like every 15 mins....I still have to break your record . I'm at 45...Crash MC Crash!

9. IgpayAtinlay

IgpayAtinlay Whitelisted Player

i've got you all beat. a crash every 1-5 mins

10. IamRacecaR

IamRacecaR Whitelisted Player

Vanilla FTW- Can't remember the last time I crashed :p

carracerz14 likes this.
  11. nkralles

nkralles Whitelisted Player

A lot of people crash because they have a 64bit OS and are only using 32bit java :/. It cuts crashes in half.
    My problem is my graphics card crashes all the time :(

12. Kane

Kane Server Administrator Staff Member

Use 64 here for over a year never crash besides client faults usually due to modded clients like Snipers.

13. monkey37

i am using snipers client

14. BobtheBroski14

BobtheBroski14 Whitelisted Player

Yeah, I remember crashing quite a bit on Wednesday/Thursday due to "Minecraft running out of Memory". Fixed that by giving Java more parameters, but then 10 minutes later or so Lag Spike of Death would make it's entry and it was downhill from there...

Funny thing is I was using Kane's plug-in client (which is a very nice package, BTW). I don't think that's what was the issue. Just thought I'd add input :)

And to the OP: Yes, that's your crash log. If you ever need to scream "Support!" for something, adding that to your SOS signal should give much more detail on why bad things are happening...